DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  CA IM Alerting

Posted Aug 24, 2014 12:32 PM

Hi,

I'm using CA IM 2.3.3 and need to setup some custom alerting. (Definitely not a strong point, this thing really needs to be stream-lined).  If I have over-lapping collections for a monitoring profile, does that mean that the devices will get double-polled?  90% of my monitoring is the same for my interfaces, but after that, I could have about 10-15 specific sets of mib objects and groups that are specific to certain devices/interfaces.   Please tell me that I don't need to create custom monitoring profiles and collections for them...

• 2.  Re: CA IM Alerting

Posted Aug 26, 2014 06:54 PM

Anyone? CA?

• 3.  Re: CA IM Alerting

Posted Aug 27, 2014 04:26 AM

If I have over-lapping collections for a monitoring profile, does that mean that the devices will get double-polled?

--> NO, the devices will not be double polled if a similar monitoring profiles are attached with the same metric family

• 4.  Re: CA IM Alerting

Posted Sep 26, 2014 01:48 PM

Hi scott,

If I understood you wanted to say, you need to create customized alerts for 10-15% specifics networks interfaces. I have a similar difficulty here. I need to define different alerts thresholds for different interfaces on the same device and I don´t get. This is because Data Aggregator has no capability to do that for any thing inside it. The same difficulty it´s to different disk partitions, temperature for different modules and go on. I opened a case on CA support (21886373-1: MONITORING OF NETWORK ELEMENTS)  and the answer was "Unfortunately this functionality is not available in Data Aggregator but you can send an enhancement request for it.