DX NetOps

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Any issues with Service Performance Manager templates in 9.4?

• 1.  Any issues with Service Performance Manager templates in 9.4?

Posted Sep 16, 2014 02:50 PM

Has anyone else experienced any issues with Service Performance Manager templates since upgrading to Spectrum 9.4?  We are able to create new Templates however we are unable to edit existing Template (prior to 9.4).  When you attempt to edit an existing Template it hangs on the "Retrieving Template Data" window saying "Please wait..."

• 2.  Re: Any issues with Service Performance Manager templates in 9.4?

Posted Sep 16, 2014 03:03 PM

Hi. I am experiencing exactly the same problem. I create new template in 9.3. After upgrading to version 9.4, when trying to edit a rule, he gets this message: "Retrieving Data Template" window saying "Please wait ..."

• 3.  Re: Any issues with Service Performance Manager templates in 9.4?

Posted Sep 16, 2014 03:06 PM

Sorry to hear you are having the same issue, on the other hand I'm glad it's not just us.  Hopefully someone with a solution will grab hold of this thread otherwise I may have to submit a ticket.

• 4.  Re: Any issues with Service Performance Manager templates in 9.4?

Posted Sep 16, 2014 03:07 PM

I submitted a ticket about it a few days ago. Any *new* templates do not have the issue, but existing templates have this issue big time.

• 5.  Re: Any issues with Service Performance Manager templates in 9.4?

Posted Sep 16, 2014 03:19 PM

Thanks Matt.  Please let us know if they help you find a solution.

• 6.  Re: Any issues with Service Performance Manager templates in 9.4?

Posted Oct 29, 2014 06:23 PM

Just a FYI - I was told by CA Support today that they identified the issue and a PTF patch (9.4.008) is now available for the issue. If you haven't opened a support case for this, I would go ahead and do so, that way you can grab the patch.

• 7.  Re: Any issues with Service Performance Manager templates in 9.4?

Posted Nov 10, 2014 05:27 AM

The patch has been applied and appears to be working. 

• 8.  Re: Any issues with Service Performance Manager templates in 9.4?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 16, 2014 05:03 AM

PTF_9.4.103 has been created to resolve this problem in Spectrum 9.4.1.  Please contact Support if you plan to upgrade to Spectrum 9.4.1 and require the use of SPM templates.

• 9.  Re: Any issues with Service Performance Manager templates in 9.4?

Posted Sep 30, 2014 01:58 PM

Apparently this is a known bug which CA has replicated in a test environment.  I also have a ticket on file.  Stay tuned for updates.

• 10.  Re: Any issues with Service Performance Manager templates in 9.4?

Posted Sep 30, 2014 02:46 PM

Heck, I'd love just to know how to set up a template in 9.4

• 11.  Re: Any issues with Service Performance Manager templates in 9.4?

Posted Sep 30, 2014 03:30 PM

You need a Service Response host to really leverage them.... (SystemEDGE SvcRsp AIM, Cisco IP-SLA Router, etc.)... but then you just expand the Service Performance Manager section in the OneClick client and right click on the templates folder.... From the sub-menu select the type of template you want from Create New Template and then fill in all the information.

• 12.  Re: Any issues with Service Performance Manager templates in 9.4?

Posted Sep 30, 2014 03:40 PM

I actually do have one setup do how do I take that information and report on it? I'd love to see an example of actually setting up one and sending out a report or reports based on that template/

• 13.  Re: Any issues with Service Performance Manager templates in 9.4?

Posted Oct 01, 2014 07:07 AM

We can generate reports for Service performance manager using Infoview provided you have Cabi integrated with Spectrum.