DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Traps(S) habdled locally due to non-responsive remote landscape

Posted Oct 22, 2014 02:37 PM

Hello everybody !

Im getting that alarm "TRAP(S) HANDLED LOCALLY DUE TO NON-RESPONSIVE REMOTE LANDSCAPE"  and i cannot find the solution, this happend after add some traps to the MLS spectrum, wich have  trap director enable to another landscapes.

This was working perfect, but for some reason does not forward more and alarm appeared.

The event message say " Non-responsive landscape 0x300000 prevented from determining if trap(s) received from SNMP device with IP address 10.x.x.x should be forwarded to a model on a remote landscape "

any suggestion is welcome!

Thanks!

• 2.  Re: Traps(S) habdled locally due to non-responsive remote landscape
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 22, 2014 03:58 PM

I would stop and start the landscape server(s) one at a time for the two that are in question then check to see if you are getting alarms. That's kinda drastic but it sounds like your MLS has lost contact with the landscape for some reason. I'm just adding my quick 2 cents to see if you can get up and running quickly.

• 3.  Re: Traps(S) habdled locally due to non-responsive remote landscape

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 22, 2014 04:46 PM

Hi d.pereyra,

Certainly the MLS lost contact with the remote landscape (0x300000).

Does this problem happened for a short period of time?  Does this problem happen at a specific time?

Do you have others remote landscapes? Does this problem also happen for others landscapes?

Thanks,

Silvio

• 4.  Re: Traps(S) habdled locally due to non-responsive remote landscape

Posted Oct 22, 2014 04:55 PM

Thanks, i restart the server and now the traps director works normally, but is strange because the landscape 0x300000  had no problems and it worked normally. but the mls lost contact to fwd traps... well, restart was the solution.

Thanks, Diego

• 5.  Re: Traps(S) habdled locally due to non-responsive remote landscape

Posted Oct 24, 2014 10:31 AM

So We are suing Spectrum 9.2 H12 and there is a fix for Trap Director. What we had happen is that we stopped getting alarms from one of the landscape servers like you did although I did not get your alarm message that I am aware of. The Trap director apparently has a cache of the other landscape servers in it and what happened before we applied the patch was that it would just drop the landscape from the cache so it basically no longer would forward the traps from that landscape. Stopping and starting the landscape server fixes the issue but only temporarily until you apply PTF_H1201. Hope I said all of that correctly since I am a customer and not a CA person.