DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Spectrum 10.0 - Customer Validation/Beta - Soliciting Participants

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 07, 2014 03:20 AM

Hello Team,

As per the other posts/updates, we are making good progress with Spectrum 10.0 - and while we have a reasonably stable build in place, given holidays et al, we intend to start the customer validation/beta for this release, mid to end of January 2015.

This validation will be a bit more formal that the usual ones we drive, since this has a LOT of BIG features that we want to get appropriate pre-GA testing feedback on. Another thing, is we anticipate huge response and hence unfortunately, we would need to limit the number of participants, to do justice to the participants' time and making the engagement fruitful to both sides. Given that, we request anyone who wishes to be part of the validation to send your nomination to me as early as possible.

Just to summarize, below are the key features that we would open up for validation for Spectrum 10.0:

1. Spectrum x64 (ofcourse!)
    2. Cisco Virtual Switching (VSS)
    3. Virtual Port Channeling (vPC)
    4. GIS Map Integration
    5. Spectrum SRM (Reporting Manager Scale and Performance Improvements)
    6. Community Voted Enhancements (Search, Maintenance Mode related ideas)

While we are soliciting participants for other features as well, x64 being the major feature, we request participants who can test with 10K-12K or more devices - to reach out to us - that would give some real feedback. Hope that sounds reasonable.

Please drop a note if you are interested at: Kiran.Diwakar@ca.com

Would appreciate if you could call out the subject as "Spectrum 10.0 Customer Validation Participation Request" - so that it gets the highest priority. Thanks again and look forward to working with many of you

Regards,

Kiran Diwakar

• 2.  Re: Spectrum 10.0 - Customer Validation/Beta - Soliciting Participants

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 15, 2014 09:29 AM

Hello All,

Thanks for the response! We have over 20 responses.
    I still have around 8 slots that I can accommodate as part of this program.

If you are interested, please reach out to me - we want to ensure that we finalize the list before the holidays so that we can have a plan in place when participants are back from their time off

Regards,

Kiran Diwakar

• 3.  Re: Spectrum 10.0 - Customer Validation/Beta - Soliciting Participants

Posted Dec 17, 2014 09:37 PM

you can put me down if there's still a slot.

• 4.  Re: Spectrum 10.0 - Customer Validation/Beta - Soliciting Participants

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 17, 2014 11:05 PM

Sure, I do have a few slots.

I don't see your official address opnet though - can I please request you let me know your official email?

You can send it privately as well, to Kiran.Diwakar@ca.com

Regards,

Kiran Diwakar

• 5.  Re: Spectrum 10.0 - Customer Validation/Beta - Soliciting Participants

Posted Dec 18, 2014 07:02 AM

I sent you an email with my contact info

I saw a post where Spectrum 10 will use Java 8. What is significant about that in regards to Spectrum 9.4.1? Has the UI been upgraded in anyway?