DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  What character encoding to use for Spectrum upgrade?

Posted Jan 30, 2015 03:30 PM

I am attempting to upgrade from 9.2.3 H12 to 9.4.  I have too many systems to manually run the installer on each system, so we are setting up the distributed installation files to make the process quicker.  The problem is that now we have to specify the Character Encoding in the host file as encoding=????.  I have tried both "UTF-8" and "ISO-8859-1".  Both of those have been thrown back at me with a message "Error: The provided encoding= value "ISO-8859-1 {or UTF-8 when I ran that}" is not a supported character encoding.".  So, what encoding do I need to set?  My OneClick (tomcat-server-config) states UTF-8.

Does anyone have suggestions on what to use so that I can get a distributed installation going?

• 2.  Re: What character encoding to use for Spectrum upgrade?

Posted Feb 02, 2015 05:36 AM

Hi Bill,

Can you let me know what's the OS you are trying to run upgrade?

Regards,

Lakshmi.

• 3.  Re: What character encoding to use for Spectrum upgrade?

Posted Feb 02, 2015 10:22 AM

Linux (RedHat)

• 4.  Re: What character encoding to use for Spectrum upgrade?

Posted Feb 02, 2015 07:19 AM

Might seem silly, but have you tried it without setting the encoding parameter in the hii files?

• 5.  Re: What character encoding to use for Spectrum upgrade?

Posted Feb 02, 2015 10:22 AM

That is how I first tried to run the distributed install and it told me that I needed to set it.

• 6.  Re: What character encoding to use for Spectrum upgrade?

Posted Feb 02, 2015 10:38 AM

Ok I'll check it - we have the same version but H13 - but our tomcat configu also says UTF8. We are going to do a fresh install, and reload the inventory on our landscapes, so I haven't bothered to test it yet!

• 7.  Re: What character encoding to use for Spectrum upgrade?
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 02, 2015 11:35 AM

I found my answer.  Turns out that I accidentally grabbed the 9.4.1 image, and I needed to grab the 9.4.0 image.  Once I did that then I was fine.