DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Configuration Manager - Cisco SSH - Supported IOS-Versions

Posted Nov 06, 2014 10:25 AM

We' re using Spectrum 9.3. We have many device Cisco devices running SSH only and we want to deploy configuration via SSH/SCP only (instead of SNMP/TFTP).

Under "Configuration Manager - Device Families" there are two build-in device families called

- Cisco IOS

- Cisco IOS - SSH Capable

The first one supports SNMP/TFTP and the second one SSH/SCP, that's why we exected all our SSH-devices to be in family 2. But that isn't that way.

Following the CA documentation there will be only devices in the "SSH Capable"-familiy if they support SSH and the IOS-Version is greater than 12.2.

We have many devicdes who are SSH-capable but are running on 12.1 and there is no IOS-update available.

Is there any possiblity the change the version for device family "Cisco IOS - SSH Capable"?

Thanks. Greetings from germany.

• 2.  Re: Configuration Manager - Cisco SSH - Supported IOS-Versions

Posted Nov 07, 2014 12:08 AM

Robert,

I don't think we can do something in Spectrum. May be you need to script it to capture the configuration taking the help of default scripts available. Even 9.4 NCM guide speaks the same.

=====

Might help:

There is a locator search for the scripts:

Network Configuration Manager

All Scripts

And again just like all models in Spectrum, there is a list of attributes for the model.  In this case, you'll find the attribute Script_Content (0x820083) that is used to store the actual contents of the script.

While a configuration capture is running, watch the directory "$SPECROOT/NCM/cache" on the SpectroServer.  Essentially what Spectrum does is dumps the script contents to a temporary executable file (ie: scripwOviCI), and then runs the script from that temporary file location.

========

Kalyan

• 3.  Re: Configuration Manager - Cisco SSH - Supported IOS-Versions

Posted Nov 07, 2014 04:23 AM

Do you have SSH enabled on the devices? If you do and it's possible to connect from the SpectroSERVER to the devices, maybe you don't need to use that default Cisco - IOS SSH family. You can create your own family of devices and put the scripts that should be used for capturing the configuration.

Kaylan was telling you how to indetify the currently defined scripts in the system .You can export, modify then import those under Configuration Manager -> Information -> Configuration Script Import/Export.

I'm sure you'll find something that fits your devices.

• 4.  Re: Configuration Manager - Cisco SSH - Supported IOS-Versions

Posted Nov 07, 2014 09:22 AM

**** these were the answers I expected but not hoped for ;-)

We've tried the idea with the own device family but getting the config is not the topic. The stuff I've written is all about the deployment of some configchanges.