DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Red Hat Systemedge deployment using Virtual Assurance

Posted Oct 21, 2014 05:55 AM

Hi All,

I'm trying to deploy systemedge for Red Hat 6.5 via Virtual Assurance 12.8.2 and keep getting error:

Package delivery failed.

Status Code 5014

Reason:

The transfer of the package between the manager machine and the target system did not complete successfully. This may have been due to some interruption in the network between the two systems, or a problem at the agent side that prevented delivery of the package (e.g. lack of disk space or a file permissions problem on the target system).

Action:

Review the network connectivity between the manager and the agent machine. Check if the agent machine meets the pre-requisites for deployment. Check if the agent machine has the firewall opened for the corresponding ports (please see the Implementation Guide, Communication Ports for details). Check there is sufficient space on the target system for both the package installation materials and the installed package.

Hope someone can guide me.

• 2.  Re: Red Hat Systemedge deployment using Virtual Assurance

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 22, 2014 10:02 AM

Hi

There could  be several reasons for this error a few things you can check

1 make sure the user can access the remote server by ssh and is able to write in /tmp    

2 verify the /tmp directory for a idprimer.log  if this exist  open it and look for a error during the package transfer

3 if idprimer does not exist check on the Vaim server the logs in %ProgramFiles%\CA\SC\IDMgrApi\logs\SM

if this does not give a clue i suggest you to open a support issue on support.ca.com so we can investigate this .

Gr dirk

• 3.  Re: Red Hat Systemedge deployment using Virtual Assurance
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 04, 2015 02:36 AM

Managed to get it to work.  The problem was a bad server.  Not sure what happened to the environment.