DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Installing Spectrum 9.4 on RHEL 6.4 64 bit - Anyone got this to work?

Posted Oct 10, 2014 05:07 AM

I'm attempting to install Spectrum 9.4 on RHEL 6.4 64 Bit (as the release notes tell me I can!) and I keep getting "Installation Failed".

Most of the install works fine but from what I can see in the logs, all is fine up until "$SPECROOT/Install-Tools/CUS/ddm.cus." It would appear that the processd service can't start the bundled mysqld during install, and when the installer tries to create the DDM/Archive Manager databases, it obviously fails.Starting Archive Manager manually results in a segmentation fault, as one would expect if the database hadn't been created in the first place.

I've got all the libraries installed as per the installation doc (and discovered a few more I needed to install to get the GUI installer to run properly without font errors etc.) but I'm guessing I need some 32 bit versions of other libraries that may not be documented.

Has anyone else here attempted a 64 Bit RHEL 6.4 install yet, did it work for you, and if so what did you add extra?

Thanks!

Dave

• 2.  Re: Installing Spectrum 9.4 on RHEL 6.4 64 bit - Anyone got this to work?
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 10, 2014 09:09 AM

I know it's bad practise to reply to your own stuff but I've managed to fix my issue!

I created a shell script to "yum install" all the libraries in the pre-reqs list but duplicated it and shoved *.i686 on the end of the duplicates. I discovered I had a few 32 bit libraries still missing, and I also needed the -devel. versions of some.

There's also the following in my install notes:

yum install libXm.so.4

yum install libstdc++.so.6

yum install libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0 (64 bit RHEL ONLY)

yum install xulrunner.i686 (64 bit RHEL ONLY)

yum install libXtst*.i686

yum install PackageKit-gtk*.i686

yum install libcanberra-gtk2*.i686

yum install gtk2-engines.i686

yum install libaio*.i686

I may have duplicated a few from the documented pre-reqs but the ones above are also needed for the Installer to run correctly and not report errors with fonts and to get round "install mode" errors. The documentation needs to be a bit more specific as not all the libraries listed as pre-requisites are required in both x64 and x686 flavors - and as part of hardening for security certifications we have to remove as many unused libraries as possible.

• 3.  Re: Installing Spectrum 9.4 on RHEL 6.4 64 bit - Anyone got this to work?

Posted Oct 10, 2014 12:51 PM

I wish that there was something in the install that would not only look for the required libs but would actually do a yum to actually go out and download them as part of the installation.  I am running Spectrum 9.4 on Centos 6.5 64bit