DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Is it possible to search for a supported oid in performance center?

Posted Aug 12, 2014 02:15 PM

Hi,

Is there a way to search for a supported oid in Performance  Center?  Either through the gui or REST API...

• 2.  Re: Is it possible to search for a supported oid in performance center?

Posted Aug 12, 2014 02:26 PM

I assume you're talking about the SNMP polling portion provided through PM2.0 (CAPC doesn't do any collection of any data).

There's a website showing the certifications that are available out of the box. Are you looking for something like that or something that reports on what is in the box now, even after custom certifications?

• 3.  Re: Is it possible to search for a supported oid in performance center?

Posted Aug 12, 2014 02:36 PM

Hi Stuart,

Yes, I’ve seen that page, but going through each metric family is time consuming, especially if you have an uncommon mib object.  Be nice if we could query PC (I’m using that as a general term), to look for an OID, and show what metric family’s and vendor certs they are supported under.    The F5 family, for example is extensive, and going through each one is a pain.

• 4.  Re: Is it possible to search for a supported oid in performance center?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 18, 2014 07:45 PM
      |   view attached

Hi Scott:

There is really no graceful way to do what you are asking.  Take a look at the attached document to see if it helps you at all.

Thanks,

Joe

Attachment(s)

• 5.  Re: Is it possible to search for a supported oid in performance center?

Posted Aug 15, 2014 01:43 PM

You can go to http://dataaggregator:8581/typecatalog/certifications/snmp in a browser and ctrl-f search for specific snmp oids.

• 6.  Re: Is it possible to search for a supported oid in performance center?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 30, 2014 03:59 PM

Scott,

I am assuming you're looking for a UI ala the Spectrum MIB Tools UI.

If thats the case unfortunately the previous posters have exposed all possible methods of searching for this in the IM software suite at this time.

Something akin to the MIB Tools tool would be an enhancement to the IM product suite. A very very good one that would be most excellent if submitted by end users of the product through Idea posts here in the Communities.

Let us know if this question has been answered and whether this question posting can be marked as answered.

Thanks,

Mike