DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Using Host_Device for SBGW

Posted Jun 17, 2014 03:48 AM

I've read the doco which specifies that the SouthBound GateWay is capable of using Host_Dell, Host_systemEDGE, etc etc devices instead of EventAdmin

I was wondering whether it's possible to use Host_Device as well.

The attributes for Host_Device contain "Enable_SouthboundGateway" which I've enabled, but I'm not sure whether the Host_Device model itself just isn't capable of SouthBound GateWay or whether I've setup my SNMP traps wrong

Does anyone have any idea if Host_Device will work for SBGW ?

• 2.  Re: Using Host_Device for SBGW

Posted Jun 19, 2014 05:00 AM

So it seems that you can use Host_Device for SBGW, however I cannot get it to raise an alarm against a different server to the one that it is coming in on.

If i use a fictional server / one that isn't present in Spectrum, then it will create an EventModel in the container that I specify though.

Using a server that already exists though results in no alarms being raised on the server.

Any one know why that is ?

• 3.  Re: Using Host_Device for SBGW

Posted Jun 23, 2014 08:56 AM

Using a server that already exists though results in no alarms being raised on the server.

Did you try changing attribute Enable_SouthboundGateway on the server that already exists?

I tried playing with this attribute for a little bit and could not get it to work as desired, the behavior you observed is probably why.

• 4.  Re: Using Host_Device for SBGW

Posted Jun 24, 2014 08:45 AM

I believe so. I may be mistaken though, I will double check tomorrow at work.