DX NetOps

Expand all | Collapse all

Zebra/Quagga BGP traps

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  Zebra/Quagga BGP traps

Posted 05-26-2008 06:35 AM

Hi all,

I am wrestling with adding support for BGP traps coming from zebra/quagga software on linux.

It seems impossible to find these traps documented in MIB's somewhere so I was wondering if any of you has already worked this out.

I know which traps are sent when establishing peering or loss of a peer, but I don't know if there are more traps.

What I have so far:

Trap type 1.3.6.1.4.1.3317.1.2.2.6.1 and 1.3.6.1.4.1.3317.1.2.2.6.2
    Trap var bind data:
    OID: 1.3.6.1.2.1.15.3.1.14.AAA.BBB.CCC.DDD Value:
    OID: 1.3.6.1.2.1.15.3.1.2.AAA.BBB.CCC.DDD Value: 6

The varbind OID's  refer to bgpPeerLastError  and bgpPeerState from rfc1269.

The AAA.BBB.CCC.DDD refers to the IP-adress of the peer, but I'm not sure about how to pull those out since it is part of the varbind OID and not  the actual value. I haven't looked into the docs too much yet to see how this might work. I was hoping maybe someone here already has the AlertMap and EventDisp for this...

Regards,

Michiel

• 2.  Re: Zebra/Quagga BGP traps
    Best Answer

Posted 09-29-2014 08:18 AM

It's been a while and we have focused on other things for while, but this came up again recently and I found one of my own posts as a search result. I did also find an answer to my own question somewhere else. A MIB is now published for zebra. You can find a current version by searching for GNOME-PRODUCT-ZEBRA-MIB.