DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  NPC Installation issue

Posted May 29, 2014 12:49 PM

• 2.  RE: NPC Installation issue

Posted May 29, 2014 12:50 PM
      |   view attached

Hi,

I am trying to install NPC but getting error message. I have rebooted ser couple of times but no luck. I am having virtual server with Windows 2008 R2 installed.

• 3.  RE: NPC Installation issue
    Best Answer

Posted May 29, 2014 12:59 PM

It seems the message only comes up when there is an incomplete installation of something under Windows.

Check out this tread at the Microsoft TechNet Forum.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/sharepoint/en-US/f29b066e-9cd5-4a71-9db1-77ba01e40173/a-system-restart-from-a-previous-installation-or-update-is-pending?forum=sharepointadmin

• 4.  RE: NPC Installation issue

Posted May 29, 2014 02:39 PM

I modified the registry but no luck :(

• 5.  RE: NPC Installation issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 29, 2014 04:40 PM

Can you confirm that you did NOT reboot the server.

In reading further into the comments on the link David posted it states rebooting will recreate this regkey

• 6.  RE: NPC Installation issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 29, 2014 05:09 PM

Try this as well, sometimes we see that vbscript.dll becomes unregistered from the system so that it cannot run the .vbs file that our software uses to check for the pending reboot.

a. Click on start button, type cmd. In the search result right-click on cmd and selectRun as administrator.
    b. Type cd %windir%\system 32 (Note: there is a space between system and 32) and press enter.
    c. Type regsvr32 vbscript.dll in command prompt and press enter.
    d. Type regsvr32 jscript.dll in command prompt and press enter.

If the registration was successful, you should now see the following message:
    DllRegisterServer in vbscript.dll succeeded.
    e. Now right-click on windows cleanup utility setup file and select Run as administrator.

Then try again.

• 7.  RE: NPC Installation issue

Posted Jun 04, 2014 06:58 PM

It looks like this path is not available.

C:\Windows\system32>cd %windir%\system 32
    The system cannot find the path specified.