DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Business Hour Averages (and other stats)

Posted May 28, 2014 03:55 PM

I would like an option to only include calculations for periods within the business hours defined.

Thus, a 24hr period with averages would only include the average of the 9 or so business hours.

A 30 day period would skip weekends, etc.

This allows less variations between what can be considered thresholds (>75% avg might be major for 4 hrs while >50% might be critical for 7 days).

It also allows people who do not take account of the off hours to still make sense of averages.

• 2.  RE: [.CA Performance Center] Business Hour Averages (and other stats)

Posted May 28, 2014 04:04 PM
    I would have to agree this is sorely needed. Any tool worth its weight would have the ability to exclude non-business hours and change windows from its reporting calculations. That sounds harsh but it’s the truth.

Little things like this are making it hard to move forward with fully embracing PC in a production sense and it makes me wonder who is actually using it for production reporting. It has a lot of potential and its much faster and cleaner UI than eHealth, but it’s a bit lacking in what we can get out of it that’s of use at this time.

• 3.  RE: [.CA Performance Center] Business Hour Averages (and other stats)

Posted May 28, 2014 04:11 PM

Stay tuned for the June community webcast. Big news coming from the product management team. This topic will be affected by that news.

• 4.  Moving thread

Posted May 28, 2014 04:04 PM
    Seems this applies to PM2.0 data, so I'm moving it over to that category for better visibility.