Tech Tip: How to limit the amount of instances of reports
CA Spectrum Tech Tip by Bill Wolforth, Senior Support Engineer, March 13, 2014
How to limit the amount of instances of reports?
There may be times when there is a need to limit how many instances of a report are stored by Business Objects. The following solution will demonstrate the necessary fields to update.
To limit the amount of report instances stored by Business Objects please do the following:
1. Go to the OneClick web page and select Administration
2. Click on Report Manager
3. Select Business Objects Administration (CMC)
4. Login to the CMC as a user with Administrative privileges
5. From the drop down in the upper left hand corner select Folders
6. Expand the following folders: All Folders -> CA Reports -> CA Spectrum
7. Right Click on the folder of the type of report you would like to limit (i.e. Alarm, Asset, etc)
8. Select limits from the pop up box
9. In the Limits: All window select the check box for “Delete excess instances when there are mre than N instances of an object:” Please see Figure1 below.
10. For the aforementioned option the change the value to the amount of report instances you wish to save. By default the value is 100. Please see Figure 1 below.