DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  IP SLA Discovery Naming - EnhancementRequest (ER)

Posted Jun 12, 2014 07:18 AM

I noticed that IP SLA tests are staticly named like "Cisco Rttmon Jitter Precision: 129.178.175.234-172.23.117.120 : 1". If like in our case, we do not use IPadresses as keys, then we would need a way to alter the naming automaticly. My suggestion is to enable include of the "tag setting" from the IP SLA test into the naming. Like this "Cisco Rttmon Jitter Precision: <tag>". This would enable include these Device components into collections using simple rules - which isn't possible in the present solution.

/Roberth

P.s. Sorry, I don't know how to add ER using the community site, which was suggested by support.

• 2.  RE: [.CA Performance Management] IP SLA Discovery Naming - EnhancementReque

Posted Jun 12, 2014 07:50 AM
    You could export the existing vendor certification. Edit the "Names" variable to something like rttMonCtrlAdminTag + ":" + Jitter_PrecisionStatsIndex. Save the file as your own and import it. Using a Rest client for the export and import. Check out the certification docs.

• 3.  Re: [.CA Performance Management] IP SLA Discovery Naming - EnhancementReque

Posted Jun 12, 2014 08:15 AM
    Good idea, Roberth.

Wait until Monday when the new platform goes live to submit your idea. It
    will be much easier and the ER portion of the platform has been greatly
    improved.