AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  DNS WORKING WITH AUTOSYS

Posted Aug 07, 2019 11:03 AM

Hello Everyone,

A change was made to the DNS alias p2.forecast.test.entergy.com.  it should be sent to lrlutpo900(system agent) but Autosys is sending it to lrlutpo800(system agent).   we check and verified that the AutoSys server(jdcupautosys1) manager was indeed seeing the correct alias.  that said,  I'm thinking that Autosys is not storing DNS information and if it is where?

I told the user that Autosys does not store DNS names in the configuration file    it this correct?  and if it is correct it's not a autosys problem...  the machine: is using the alias ...  only two jobs affected out of 100,000,000 jobs

now I could recycle the services on schedule but not sure if that would really resolve anything at this point.

Thanks,

Ezra Carroll

Workload Automation AE – Prod Control

281-728-8909

This message is intended for the exclusive use of the intended addressee. If you have received this message in error or are not the intended addressee or his or her authorized agent, please notify me immediately by e-mail, discard any paper copies and delete all electronic files of this message.

• 2.  RE: DNS WORKING WITH AUTOSYS

Posted Aug 08, 2019 09:05 AM
    Try this:
    https://docops.ca.com/ca-workload-automation-ae/11-4-2/en/installing/ca-workload-automation-ae-deployment-best-practices/schedule-and-performance-tuning/set-ip-caching

• 3.  RE: DNS WORKING WITH AUTOSYS

Posted Aug 19, 2022 04:27 AM
    Hi - We have the same issue - were you able to find the root cause and resolution for this issue?

In my case, we have two Windows servers, primary server and secondary server, for failover scenario. We use DNS alias name in Autosys JIL. The DNS was pointing to primary server all these days. We had to switch the traffic to secodnary server for maintenance. When we did DNS switch from primary to secondary, Autosys jobs continue to run on the primary server. Even after we rebooted both primary and secondary servers, the Autosys jobs are still pointing to primary server. We verified and DNS is pointing to secondary server. I tried searching all Broadcom blogs, couldn't find anything. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!