AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  wa_setup.sh stuck on instance name confirmation when adding Web Server to existing WAAE installation

Posted Aug 27, 2019 11:40 AM
    Scenario: adding Web Server to an existing Autosys R11.3.6SP8 installation.

When running the installation script, wa_setup.sh on RHEL6 in a Putty window, the script cannot proceed beyond the instance name confirmation step. Click Next and it goes to a popup dialog with an "OK" button, which goes back to the instance selection, and on and on. There is only one instance defined for the server.

Has anyone encountered and resolved this issue? Is there an environment variable that can be set so wa-setup.sh does not prompt for the instance name? Can it be resolved by changing the terminal settings or other environment variables?

------------------------------
    Roger Woodbury
    Putnam Investments
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: wa_setup.sh stuck on instance name confirmation when adding Web Server to existing WAAE installation

Posted Aug 28, 2019 01:11 AM
    Hey Roger, 
    I had a similer problem (but not the same) when installing autosys on linux using console. In my case the installation became unresponsive , i solved it by pressing CTRL+C  and then opting to NOT quit the installation , afterwards i was able to continue configuring , had to reapet this procedure couple of times during installation.

Hope it helps :)

Yoni
    bezeq international

• 3.  RE: wa_setup.sh stuck on instance name confirmation when adding Web Server to existing WAAE installation

Posted Aug 28, 2019 10:04 AM
    Thanks, Yoni; I will try that out tomorrow night and post my results.