AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  I've just upgraded from 11.3.1 client to 11.3.3 and my view is broken

Posted Jul 28, 2017 04:41 AM

I've just upgraded from 11.3.1 client to 11.3.3 and when I open a large application in the define view, it seems to have compressed the view vertically. In 11.3.1 the application fits to the window vertically and is about 1/3rd of the window in width, however, in 11.3.3 it fits to the window width but is vertically about 1" in height on a 24" monitor. This makes it very difficult to follow links. It seems to have significantly reduced the vertical spacing between jobs when you click on the "layout" button. I've opened a smaller application in 11.3.1 and the vertical spacing between jobs is about 10mm on a 24" screen, when I open the same application on 11.3.1 the spacing is more like 25mm. This makes larger applications much more readable as the relative spacing remains when zooming in. Is there a way to change this vertical spacing? I can't see anything in the preferences. |I've attached snips of the problem below. Both images are the

the same application only the client version differs.

11.3.1 Client layout11.3.3 Layout

• 2.  Re: I've just upgraded from 11.3.1 client to 11.3.3 and my view is broken

Posted Jul 31, 2017 04:07 PM

This happened to us too but not with R11.3 SP3, it happened after we went form R11.3.3 to R12 SP1.  We have learned to zoom in first then do locate.  But our preference would be to have the first view not the condensed one.

Sharon

• 3.  Re: I've just upgraded from 11.3.1 client to 11.3.3 and my view is broken

Posted Aug 01, 2017 03:10 AM

Zooming in is certainly one way to do it but even then on some of out schedules it can be very difficult to track the connections between jobs because the lines merge into one which never happened when zoomed in with the uncondensed view. I'd really like to find a solution to this as this could be a major headache for us. At the moment, it's only me that's experiencing the issue because I just got a laptop and had to install 11.3.3 Client as 11.3.1 win't install on the latest Windows 10 but at somepoint we want to upgrade the whole system to R12 and don't want this view. 

• 4.  Re: I've just upgraded from 11.3.1 client to 11.3.3 and my view is broken
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 01, 2017 11:55 PM

Hi Neil,

There were some important changes done in the R11.3 SP3 Desktop Client.  These internal changes were needed for various reasons.  Anyhow, the result of it was that display of large applications got modified somewhat.  However, as Sharon mentioned you can use the zoom function and then track your jobs.

Thank you,

Nitin Pande

Principal Support Engineer

CA Technologies

• 5.  Re: I've just upgraded from 11.3.1 client to 11.3.3 and my view is broken

Posted Aug 02, 2017 10:49 AM

See the TEC1474496 in the Knowledge Database if it might be helpful

• 6.  Re: I've just upgraded from 11.3.1 client to 11.3.3 and my view is broken

Posted Aug 02, 2017 11:05 AM

Thank you Mikhail, while not as good as 11.3.1 that certainly makes it more usable. I'm less worried about when we have to upgrade the server now as we will then obviously have to move everyone onto Client 12 but with this trick we can manage. Unfortunately, we have quite a number of large applications so this could have been a major headache.