AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Terminating a File Trigger in DEseries

Posted Jul 18, 2017 09:45 PM

Hi Team,

We have a requirement as follow, but I am unable to implement it in DESERIES.

There is 1 application which has 4 jobs

Application (TEST_PROGRAM)

Job A (SAP R3)

|

Job B (SAP R3)

|

Job C (File Trigger) - Name of the file will be same but size of the file will vary everyday and old files will be deleted.

|

Job D (This job needs to run only if there is a FILE, if the file is not received or not there for any day, then Job D should  not be running and application should be in SUCCESS.)

Also, whatever the day is (whether we have file there or not), the application - TEST_PROGRAM has to be successful and not in FAILED state.

How can we setup this in DESERIES? I don't find any functionality like autosys - where if the file is not there for 5 mins, then it will terminate the file trigger job and in turn whole application can be considered as SUCCESS?

• 2.  Re: Terminating a File Trigger in DEseries
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 19, 2017 08:39 AM

This is what i would do not sure if anyone else has a better answer.  I would put job D in a seperate application with a File Trigger Event.

Application (TEST_PROGRAM)

Job A (SAP R3)

|

Job B (SAP R3)

|

Job C (File Trigger) - Name of the file will be same but size of the file will vary everyday and old files will be deleted.

Once complete TEST_PROGRAM will complete

if a file is created TEST_PROGRAM_2 will trigger and Job D will run,

if no file nothing happens

Application (TEST_PROGRAM_2)

- with a FILE TRIGGER EVENT.  This way the job only triggers when a file is there and is not loaded everyday

Job D 

Sharon