Symantec Privileged Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  Enhancement for A2A script management

Posted Nov 20, 2020 12:40 PM
    Edited by Marco Siviero Nov 23, 2020 03:07 AM

Hello,

at the moment if we launch an A2A script in Windows OS we are forced to explicit the interpreter in front of it (example: powershell C:\temp\script.ps1), and PAM is able to check integrity file of only one script launched.

We would like to suggest one of these changes (or both if you can):

1. We would like to have the possibility to run the script without specifying the interpreter (example:
      PS> C:\temp\script.ps1
      or
      $var = C:\temp\script.ps1)
    2. We would like PAM to be able to check the integrity not only of the script launched but also of a library (or more than one).
      Or, alternatively, allow the execution of the A2A script only if the integrity of the script is combined with that of a library / DLL that works with it.

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Enhancement for A2A script management

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 23, 2020 12:50 PM
    Marco,

Please submit this as an Ideation: https://community.broadcom.com/ideation/allideas.  That is where the developers look for customer suggestions as they lay out the product roadmap.

I like where your going with this...

#1 should be doable, and I agree it's annoying.

I can see the value in #2... often a script or application is not a standalone entity and having the ability to confirm that all of the related files have not been tampered with makes a lot of sense.

Post a link to you ideation here when you have created it and I'll add a vote.

​​​​

• 3.  RE: Enhancement for A2A script management

Posted Nov 24, 2020 02:14 AM
    Hi Joseph

Thanks for the suggestion and for the comments, Marco has submitted the idea.
    We look forward to your vote and comments!

https://community.broadcom.com/participate/ideation-home/viewidea?IdeationKey=3d416830-fed9-491d-9203-0a5d6cadcc8a

Cheers
    Paolo