Symantec Privileged Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  PIM 12.9 ¿How can I change the value of the distribution server without reinstalling the agent?

Posted Jan 21, 2020 04:22 PM
    Hicommunity

During the installation of the CA PIM 12.9 agent at the time of entering the advanced policy management server host name, only one (1) character was entered, so when initializing the agent it fails to report to the console.

Is there any way to update this value from the command line or from the selang console without reinstalling the agent ?

Thank you

------------------------------
    Julian Riaño
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: PIM 12.9 ¿How can I change the value of the distribution server without reinstalling the agent?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 28, 2020 09:22 AM
    Julian

Assuming you are running on linux you should be able to update this by editing  the accommon.ini located in the following location as root user,

#vi /etc/accommon.ini

[communication]

Distribution_Server = ssl://<Host name or IP of the Distribution Server>:7243

You will need to restart the endpoint software (secons -s  /  seload) .

Joe

• 3.  RE: PIM 12.9 ¿How can I change the value of the distribution server without reinstalling the agent?

Posted Jan 28, 2020 04:47 PM
    Hi Joseph

The agent installation was done on a Windows Server, I will try to find and modify the file you indicate to me

Thanks for your reply

• 4.  RE: PIM 12.9 ¿How can I change the value of the distribution server without reinstalling the agent?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 28, 2020 05:12 PM
    Try looking in the registry

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ComputerAssociates\AccessControl\common\communication]
    "Distribution_Server"="ssl://localhost:61616"