Symantec Privileged Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  CA PAM 3.3 RAM requirement

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 09, 2019 03:52 AM
    Hi,

As per CA PAM 3.3 Tech Document the RAM requirement for CA PAM Virtual appliance mentioned is 64 GB. Is it the minimum requirement for RAM. If yes why 64 GB is recommended. 

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/layer7-privileged-access-management/privileged-access-manager/3-3/release-information/installation-requirements.html

Regards,
    Mohit Trehan

• 2.  RE: CA PAM 3.3 RAM requirement
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 10, 2019 02:34 AM
    Hello Mohit,

In the following link https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/layer7-privileged-access-management/privileged-access-manager/3-3/release-information/reference-architecture/foundation-physical-architecture.html

Look at Foundation Specification Architecture, it does mention 16 GB.

If we look at the above page, the 64 GB requirement is based upon the kind of architecture that is being planned to be deployed, this is my understanding. This needs to be confirmed by the Product Management or Development teams.

Thanks,
    Reatesh.

------------------------------
    Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: CA PAM 3.3 RAM requirement

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 10, 2019 02:45 AM
    Thanks Reatesh for the information. 

Regards,
    Mohit

• 4.  RE: CA PAM 3.3 RAM requirement

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 12, 2019 11:57 AM
    I have noticed that the recommendation is typically the same as what we deliver in our physical appliance;
    The latest hardware appliance ships with 4 CPU cores (8 threads), 64 GB of RAM, and two 240 GB SSD. The appliance has 8 RJ45 network ports, and an expansion slot for a PCI card for HSM. 
    Likely, performance testing is done with a physical appliance, so that is what they use for the VM recommendation.

The page does have minimum requirements, which I can say from experience are not the actual minimum (though maybe the supported minimum).... I have customers with PAM 3.3 running in production on 8GB of RAM and 10GB of disk space.