Symantec Privileged Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  Record server change, External Storage

Posted May 13, 2021 09:12 AM
    Hello, today I will carry out an activity where the current recording server will be changed and will go to Failover, and as the main one we will install a new server. My question is to test that the Failover server is functional, can I disassemble the main one and test with the Failover?

Also know if I should have something else in consideration than what is shared in this article
    https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/en/symantec-security-software/identity-security/privileged-access-manager/3-2-2/implementing/configuring-your-server/set-up-session- recording.html

Both servers will be configured by CIFS and we have two nodes in a cluster

• 2.  RE: Record server change, External Storage

Posted May 13, 2021 11:02 AM
    Hi Duviana

From experience I have observed the following behavior when the main storage is not available. Effectively the sessions are stored in the fail over, but I cannot access to reproduce them until the main storage is available again

If you are looking to change the main storage, you must take into account that the sessions stored in it will be lost, consider making a backup of these recordings before completely decommissioning the server. Once you implement the new server you can restore the backup of these sessions and it should work correctly.

I hope this comment will help you

• 3.  RE: Record server change, External Storage

Posted May 13, 2021 11:21 AM
    Thanks for your answer, regarding that the stored sessions will be lost, if I change it as failover, will they still be lost? Do I have to do this backup from the server? Or can I do it from the CA PAM?

• 4.  RE: Record server change, External Storage

Posted Jul 19, 2021 04:55 PM
    Hi Duviana

It is best to make a manual copy of the sessions in this way guarantees that they will not be lost and will be accessible from PAM