Symantec Privileged Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  Windows Remote Target Connector CLI Configuration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 20, 2020 07:47 AM
      |   view attached
    I am using the CLI to import the Target Account and applications in a bulk. Following link demonstrate about the Credential manager CLI commands 

Credential Manager CLI Commands

I have tried using updateTargetAccount but unable to update the windows remote options in target account. 
    My question is how can I update the windows remote option on the Target Account using CLI. In the enclosed 'windows_remotes' image. I want to update the change process from 'Account can change own password' to 'use the following account to change password'. I can do it manually but how to update the same in a bulk using CLI ? If CLI is not the option then what are the other options in case of update of 500 Target Accounts records. 

• 2.  RE: Windows Remote Target Connector CLI Configuration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 21, 2020 10:23 AM
    Edited by Joseph Fry Oct 21, 2020 10:33 AM
      |   view attached
    Couple of possibilities to look at:

1. Target Accounts have a variety of extra attributes depending upon the account type, that are all named "Attribute.<something>".  Unfortunately, these attributes are required during an updateTargetAccount or  addTargetAccount command, even if they are empty.  Loop over all of the properties of the original target account and populate your request with all of these 'attributes'
    2. The "Attribute.otherAccount" value must the the ID of the account that will be used to change the password.  You will need to use searchTargetAccount to get that id.
    It could be something else as well.  Please provide a code sample and more detail about the error/issue your having.

I am attaching a powershell script that I wrote that uses updateTargetAccount to change password view policies.  Line 98 is where I loop over the additional attributes and add them to my request hashtable (key/value pairs), retaining their values.

I hope this helps!

Attachment(s)