Symantec Privileged Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  CA PAM 3.2.2 Missing Credentials

Posted Jan 24, 2019 08:11 AM
      |   view attached

Hello everyone,

I have noticed that, at times, the password field for target accounts goes blank at times, and to get them to show again i have to restart the entire cluster. I cannot perform verification of the accounts that have blank passwords, but when i restart and the passwords reappear the verification works.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Best regards,

Nikola

• 2.  Re: CA PAM 3.2.2 Missing Credentials
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 24, 2019 08:46 AM

Nikola,

This is fixed in 3.2.3 for defect DE356748:   Resolved Issues in 3.2.3 - CA Privileged Access Manager - 3.2.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Regards,

Anthony

• 3.  Re: CA PAM 3.2.2 Missing Credentials

Posted Jan 24, 2019 03:03 PM

Hi Anthony,

Thank you very much for your quick answer, does this fix also work for primary node as well? Since it happens on both nodes and the description says only on secondary node.

Best regards,

Nikola

• 4.  Re: CA PAM 3.2.2 Missing Credentials

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 24, 2019 05:44 PM

Nikola, Can you see the comment at the bottom of the documentation page that Anthony pointed you to? It points out that this item is not documented well. The problem in fact is more likely to happen on primary nodes. Secondary nodes actually get passwords from primary nodes while there is a good connection, so you may see the problem on secondary nodes even when it is the primary node that doesn't retrieve the password correctly from the DB.