Symantec Privileged Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  CA PAM one click approvals from mobile

Posted May 16, 2019 08:57 AM

Is there any possibility of approving a Password view request from mobile, having the one click approval in place.?

Let me know in case of any questions or concerns.

Regards,

Manirul

• 2.  Re: CA PAM one click approvals from mobile

Posted May 16, 2019 10:01 AM

Hi Manirul,

I haven't tried this, but conceptually speaking, i don't see why this wouldn't work - unless mobile browsers are a problem.

I see two options you can try:

1. The mobile would need to be connected to the corporate wify / lan and must have network resolution and connectivity to your PAM cluster/appliance URL.

2. For mobile phones outside of your corporate network, you're looking at more involved requirements: 

1. You will need to reverse publish your PAM portal to the internet. This will require appropriate firewall rules to be put in place between your firewalls (external, dmz and internal) and your PAM appliance(s) over port 443.
    2. You will need to publish your PAM portal URL to your internet facing DNS servers.

• 3.  Re: CA PAM one click approvals from mobile
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 16, 2019 11:19 AM

Hello Manirul, I can confirm that this works, as long as the browser on your mobile phone is able to access the PAM web server. I just did it using Google Chrome on my mobile phone, connecting to a PAM 3.2.4 instance.