Symantec Privileged Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  Error importing biar file. Error: CE SDK Exception occurred : 'Server  not found or server may be down (FWM 01003)' (FWM 04002)

Posted Feb 27, 2019 05:07 AM

Hello,

We are getting below attached error in BIConfig.log post using the command for importing ControlMinder (12.8) reports :-

biconfig.bat -h reportportal.com -u Administrator -p P@ssw0rd -f E:\BO\BO\import_biar_config_mssql2008.xml

I have restarted SIA and Tomcat service but unable to resolve the issue. 

Any leads for resolution will be helpful.

• 2.  Re: Error importing biar file. Error: CE SDK Exception occurred : 'Server  not found or server may be down (FWM 01003)' (FWM 04002)

Posted Mar 08, 2019 10:49 AM

What product are you asking about?  This question was posted in the Privileged Access Manager (PAM) Community, and does not seem to have anything to do with PAM.

• 3.  Re: Error importing biar file. Error: CE SDK Exception occurred : 'Server  not found or server may be down (FWM 01003)' (FWM 04002)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 12, 2019 03:02 AM

Kishore.Burra Good evening. Its been some time since I've done that import but I do recall seeing that error in the past. If i recall did you update the mssql.xml with the ODBC system name you defined? Also from the system ODBC connections does it test successful? If you haven't already opened a case with support, they can readily assist you with this.

voged01 - This is for the PIM (PAM SC) product line.

• 4.  Re: Error importing biar file. Error: CE SDK Exception occurred : 'Server  not found or server may be down (FWM 01003)' (FWM 04002)

Posted Mar 14, 2019 08:53 AM

Hi Adam,

I am facing this issue post changing the reportal password. This was required to login in central management console as login was not happening with old password. I have followed the steps as mentioned in CA KEDB 

https://communities.ca.com/thread/100166567.

Post that i have performed the above mentioned steps to reconfigure the folders but facing the above attached error.

I have tested ODBC connection. It's happening successfully.

• 5.  Re: Error importing biar file. Error: CE SDK Exception occurred : 'Server  not found or server may be down (FWM 01003)' (FWM 04002)

Posted Mar 12, 2019 11:33 AM
      |   view attached

Kishore,

Can you share the content of your import_biar_config_mssql2008.xml file? 

I am attaching a reference document that I created very long ago working on a project for a PIM customer. Hope this helps!

Also, agree with Adam, if all configurations looks good but if the import process is still failing, I would open a support ticket if not already done. 

Regards,

Aravind G 

Attachment(s)

• 6.  Re: Error importing biar file. Error: CE SDK Exception occurred : 'Server  not found or server may be down (FWM 01003)' (FWM 04002)

Posted Mar 14, 2019 08:22 AM

Hi Aravind,

Thanks for the attachment. ODBC connection is been tested successfully but still found the same error in BIConfig.log. PFA import_biar_config_mssql2008.xml file that we are using.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <biconfig version="1.0">
    <step priority="1">
    <add>
    <biar-file name="E:\BO\BO\ControlMinder_SQLServer.biar">
    <networklayer>OLE DB</networklayer>
    <rdms>MS SQL Server 2008</rdms>
    <username>DB user</username>
    <password>DB pasword</password>
    <datasource>DB DSN</datasource>
    <server>DB Server FQDN</server>
    </biar-file>