Symantec Privileged Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  A2A Sample for IIS + web.config

Posted Apr 25, 2019 10:39 PM

Hi All,

I am trying to build a basic lab with a simple working case using A2A in this scenario ==> using IIS + web.config.

I installed the client A2A for Windows (setup_windows64_java.exe) and I didn´t find in the examples folder $CSPM_CLIENT_HOME\cloakware\cspmclient\examples\Csharp\IIS, the files to build this scenario and the documentation isn´t clear how to build it without the samples.

My question is:

Could you provide me the samples files for IIS as stated in the online documentation? Or some sample that I could start with.

In the documentation we have this:

"..

This example is available on A2A Client Windows installations, in the $CSPM_CLIENT_HOME\cloakware\cspmclient\examples\Csharp\IIS directory:

- ConnectionFactory.cs

- CspmClientComObject.cs

- Connect.aspx

- Web.config

.."

Reference to the online doc:

https://docops.ca.com/ca-privileged-access-manager/3-2-4/en/programming/integrate-applications-with-the-credential-manager-a2a-client/integrate-apps-to-use-the-credential-manager-a2a-client-on-windows/integrate-a-c-net-application-using-iis-application-server#IntegrateaC#.NETApplicationusingIISApplicationServer-ConfigureyourDevelopmentEnvironmentforIIS

Thanks for your help!!

Best regards,

- Darcio Takara

• 2.  Re: A2A Sample for IIS + web.config

Posted Apr 26, 2019 04:14 PM

As you noted, the documentation states that the examples folder should include what you are seeking.  I installed the Windows A2A client and also did not see the $CSPM_CLIENT_HOME\cloakware\cspmclient\examples\Csharp\IIS directory.  I'm checking if this truly is supported, or if any of my colleagues have the examples you need.

• 3.  Re: A2A Sample for IIS + web.config

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 03, 2019 03:47 PM

I see we have C# examples in $CSPM_CLIENT_HOME\cloakware\cspmclient\examples\C#_64   and also C#.   Have you seen them, and do they help at all?

• 4.  Re: A2A Sample for IIS + web.config
    Best Answer

Posted May 03, 2019 04:06 PM
      |   view attached

Hi MAnttila,

I opened a support ticket and I got the files from them.

With those files, I could integrate web.config in a customer environment with A2A.

Thanks,

-Darcio

Attachment(s)

zip
    samples.zip   4 KB 1 version