Symantec Privileged Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  Branding not syncing within cluster

Posted Jan 08, 2019 10:17 AM

Hi,

I uploaded a logo in the required size for branding and it does show up at the master site, but not in the secondary sites. It seems it does not get sync with the other site members. Is there something I can do to trigger this? The logo was uploaded already a week ago, so should be MORE than enough time for any syncing.

Thanks for feedback.

Regards,

Nadja

• 2.  Re: Branding not syncing within cluster

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 08, 2019 01:32 PM

Hi Nadja,

This is expected behavior. Branding is a per-appliance setting, similar to session recording mounts. As such, you will need to update each appliance manually. The reason this option is per appliance is because many people choose to use this as a way of identifying which node you land on. For example, many customers will put 001, 002 or A, B in the image so they know which appliance they are actually on.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions about this.

Regards,

Christian Lutz

Sr Support Engineer

Broadcom (CA) - ESD Support

• 3.  Re: Branding not syncing within cluster

Posted Jan 09, 2019 09:45 AM

Hi Christian,

Thanks a lot. I was trying this as well, but on the secondary sites I do not have the "branding" option under "settings". I only have "API Doc". Do I need to enable the branding setting on the master site to be available our secondary sites?

Thanks!

Regards,

Nadja

• 4.  Re: Branding not syncing within cluster

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 10, 2019 09:09 AM

Hi Nadja,

While the cluster is running Secondary Sites have many of their configurations locked. In order to change the branding there you will need to stop the cluster first, make the changes, then start the cluster back up.

Regards,

Christian Lutz

Sr Support Engineer

Broadcom (CA) - ESD Support