Symantec Privileged Access Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Export session recording

• 1.  Export session recording

Posted Apr 26, 2017 07:03 AM

Hi

is it possible to export the session recording from the PAM , so that it can be presented, for example, to the authorities?

I saw that the video sessions have an .gsr extension. Is it possible to convert it to .avi or something like that ?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

• 2.  Re: Export session recording

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 26, 2017 09:49 AM

Hello Nuno, Session recordings can only be viewed through CA PAM, we don't support conversion to other formats. Feel free to submit an idea for an enhancement on this community site.

• 3.  Re: Export session recording

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 26, 2017 10:32 AM

Hi Nuno

As Ralf is saying you won't be able to see them outside PAM, but if you wish to keep them for legal reasons, etc, you can just go to the NFS share where they are sent and copy them somewhere else

• 4.  Re: Export session recording

Posted Apr 26, 2017 10:52 AM

Hi

If I understood it right, even if I copy it to somewhere else and I don't have a way to review this session recording if , for example, it has been purge from PAM. If I copy it back to PAM , I don't see a way to "discover" it again on PAM interface.

• 5.  Re: Export session recording

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 26, 2017 12:42 PM

Hi, as long as you don't purge the session recording references in PAM, it will retain information on recordings independent of whether the file actually exists on the remote share or not. If you restore a file later on, you could view it again.

• 6.  Re: Export session recording

Posted Jun 28, 2018 06:35 AM

we use PAM appliance across two sites, not multi-site cluster. When we switch to secondary site the appliance cannot play the session recording. Is there a workaround.?

• 7.  Re: Export session recording

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 28, 2018 07:14 AM

You cannot play the recordings from other PAM nodes if they are not in cluster. If you really want to play recordings in another PAM instance you need to open a support ticket. At any point of time pam can only play recordings from one instance.

• 8.  Re: Export session recording

Posted Jun 28, 2018 07:24 AM

I don't think session recordings done in one cluster can be played in another ?

CA support can help in such a case?

for clarity, we are two separate clusters across two sites, when we failover to other site the PAM cannot reads the earlier session recordings made by previous site. CA support has responded to us this is current product design.

let me know if your thoughts differ

• 9.  Re: Export session recording

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 28, 2018 08:57 AM

Hi Maruti, Why do you have two separate clusters if you want failover? The two sites should be in the same cluster.

• 10.  Re: Export session recording

Posted Jun 28, 2018 10:05 AM

hi Ralf,

we built it with PAM 2.8.1, multi-site cluster was not available then. is it possible to read session recording files from any appliance in the stretched cluster across sites?

Could you help answer few questions on PAM multi-site cluster ? I am aware multi-site cluster user-access and administrative tasks are separated. How do the appliances across sites failover and failback? are the DB files (password data) replicated across sites by cluster?

• 11.  Re: Export session recording

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 28, 2018 10:11 AM

Hi Maruti, Please consult our online documentation, such as https://docops.ca.com/ca-privileged-access-manager/3-2/EN/deploying/set-up-a-cluster.