Symantec Privileged Access Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Hello Everyone! I have one Question, How many connections can be opened at the same workstation, for example: ssh, RDP, etc. Thank You!

• 1.  Hello Everyone! I have one Question, How many connections can be opened at the same workstation, for example: ssh, RDP, etc. Thank You!

Posted Aug 08, 2017 05:15 PM

Hello Everyone! I have one Question, How many connections can be opened at the same workstation, for example: ssh, RDP, etc. Thank You!

• 2.  Re: Hello Everyone! I have one Question, How many connections can be opened at the same workstation, for example: ssh, RDP, etc. Thank You!
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 09, 2017 10:27 AM

Hi Adolfo, There is no hard limit. In general the applets are run inside a 32-bit JRE with limited heap space. E.g. the CA PAM client uses a 1GB heap space by default. This limits how many sessions you can run in one client instance. Typically the limit is somewhere around 20, which is more than sufficient for most users.

• 3.  Re: Hello Everyone! I have one Question, How many connections can be opened at the same workstation, for example: ssh, RDP, etc. Thank You!

Posted Aug 09, 2017 03:12 PM

Thank You, very Useful!

• 4.  Re: Hello Everyone! I have one Question, How many connections can be opened at the same workstation, for example: ssh, RDP, etc. Thank You!

Posted Aug 11, 2017 12:59 PM

Ralf is correct, there is no hard limit.  If you need more memory than is available for 32-bit java you will need to run a 64-bit browser and 64-bit Java.  I assisted a customer with this when they needed about 20 RDP sessions to be kept open constantly, and the normal memory allocation was not sufficient.  You can specify the additional memory to be used in the Runtime Parameters field in the Java configuration.  You will see this in the Java Control Panel, by clicking the View button on the Java tab.  You can then specify the amount of memory to be used.  Here is an example setting the memory to be used to 1Mb:  -Xms1024 -Xmx1024.  The maximum for 32-bit Java is 1200.  The customer I referred to set each of these parameters to 3000, 3Mb.  Be careful about copying the string I provided and pasting it into the field.  I've seen the hyphen changed to a long dash by doing this.  The parameter will not work if that happens.