Symantec Privileged Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  when will the new PAM available ?

Posted Feb 03, 2016 03:54 AM

Hi

when will the new version (PAM and PAM control host) become available ? i have customer will go into renewal in February , and we have no clue to renew on what bases ?

another question, what is the different between

• CA Privileged Access Manager (formerly XSuite)

and

• CA Shared Account Manager

isn't both do the same function? will the new PAM (from Xsuite) replace SAM ?

thanks and best regards

Wael abdel wahab

• 2.  Re: when will the new PAM available ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 03, 2016 06:22 PM

Hi,

You posted your question in the Single-Sign-On Community discussion board.  You want to post it in the CA Process Automation Community discussion board.

Regards,

Sandra Green

CA SSO Support

• 3.  Re: when will the new PAM available ?

Posted Feb 04, 2016 02:43 AM

Hi gresa05

I meant the CA Privileged Access Management (PAM)  and not CA Proccess Automation Manager (PAM too!!) , and i have  posted this question in the new Discussion board for CA Privileged Access Management ...   and not the single sign-on board ,, but maybe it is appear there due to tags!!

thanks for the follow up

best regards

• 4.  Re: when will the new PAM available ?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 04, 2016 09:09 AM

Hi @wael_abdelwahab - PAM is not replacing SAM right now.  There are some similarities between the two products (i.e. both have password vaulting) but PAM has many other capabilities that are not offered in SAM.  Some examples are cloud and virtualization protection (VMWare, Amazon AWS, Office 365), command line filtering, and SSH key management.  PAM also offers very high time to value as it's packaged in either a physical or virtual appliance. 

Customers can continue to renew on CA Privileged Identity Manager and CA Shared Account Manager.  At some point in the near future we will offer an upgrade option for customers who want to upgrade from SAM to PAM.

Hope this helps.

Mike

• 5.  Re: when will the new PAM available ?

Posted Feb 04, 2016 09:40 AM

Thanks Mike