Symantec Privileged Access Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

CA PIM - Shared Account Management - "Multiple connections to a server (...)"

• 1.  CA PIM - Shared Account Management - "Multiple connections to a server (...)"

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 04, 2016 03:10 AM

Hello,

When I'm receiving the following error on CA PIM 12.8 when trying to reset or check-in an account password:

Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name, are not allowed

There are some Microsoft KB's about the issue but they seem to be addressing this for a shared network path. I've looked into this but the annoying thing is it occurs sometimes and I'm not able to pinpoint the reason yet. The only solution seems to disconnect the account -> force check-in -> delete -> re-create the account

The endpoint is Windows 2008, not joined to a domain. 2 privileged accounts are defined, both members of the Administrator group. There are tens of similar endpoints on the environment and they are all working fine.

Has anyone experienced such an error, or do you have any guesses? Thank you.

• 2.  Re: CA PIM - Shared Account Management - "Multiple connections to a server (...)"
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 07, 2016 06:59 AM

OK, sort of figured this out.

On this KB it's recommended to access the target with the IP or create an alternative DNS record. I was alreadsy doing the former, so I've added a record to hosts file on ENTM server. Turns out that hostname must be able to be resolved for this specific endpoint.