Symantec Privileged Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  General Availability Announcement of CA Privileged Identity Manager v12.9!

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 29, 2015 04:32 PM

On behalf of CA Technologies, we appreciate your business and the opportunity to provide you with high-quality, innovative software and services.  As part of our ongoing commitment to customer success, we regularly release updated versions of our products. Today, we are pleased to announce that CA Privileged Identity Manager 12.9 is now available.

This new release provides many benefits to our customers. The benefits that it provides, and the new capabilities that provide them  include:

Improved Security

• Proxy Configuration for Shared Account Management (RDP and SSH)

This new capability helps to improve security and eliminates the need for a plug-in running on the Admin client machine.  In previous releases of CA PIM, the Admin would request a password from the Shared Account Management server, and the password would be passed back to the client machine (encrypted).  It would then be passed to the target machine through a plug-in running on the client machine.

This new capability in CA PIM 12.9 eliminates this communication path and enables the CA SAM server to directly communicate with the target machine. Multiple proxy servers can be installed for enterprise customers looking to achieve performance and scale.  This capability improves security and eliminates the need for a local client plug-in.

• Terminating active sessions

Prior to PIM 12.9, it was possible to view any active admin sessions on systems that CA PIM was controlling, but you couldn’t terminate them if the risk level of that session was deemed to be high.  With PIM 12.9, you can not only search for any active sessions, but you can terminate them quickly if there are unauthorized sessions that need to be ended.  This improves security and reduces the risk of unauthorized administrator actions that can causes damage to your systems or data.

Improved Auditability

• Session Recording for proxy activities

This capability enables Security Administrators to be able to record privileged sessions accessed through the proxy server.  The solution records all screen movement in full resolution and Super-Administrators can then search and playback the sessions with DVR-like playback controls. Recordings are stored in an encrypted fashion and made available as soon as the privileged session ends.  Endpoint tagging allows you to specify which endpoints can be recorded.

The solution requires no user behavior changes with no need to install agents on the on what is being monitored and no need for a plug-in running on the user’s desktop.

NOTE: This new capability is included with your CA Privileged Identity Manager or CA Shared Account Manager licenses.

Improved connectivity and efficiency

• Extended Service Desk Integration

Integration with Service Desk applications is an important capability due to the fact that it can simplify administration of account access.  For example, if you are requesting access to an account, it will prompt the admin for a Service Desk ticket number.  CA PIM will then validate that they have entered the correct ticket number.  Prior to PIM 12.9, CA Service Desk Manager was the only application supported.  PM 12.9 expands that integration to now include:

• CA Service Desk Manager
    • CA Cloud Service Manager
    • ServiceNow
    • HP Service Manager
    • BMC Remedy

You can download your copy of CA Privileged Identity Manager 12.9  from CA Support Online https://support.ca.com/. If you have any questions or require assistance contact CA Customer Care online at http://www.ca.com/us/customer-care.aspx where you can submit an online request using the Customer Care web form: https://communities.ca.com/web/guest/customercare. You can also call CA Customer Care at +1-800-225-5224 in North America or see http://www.ca.com/phone for the local number in your country.

Should you need any assistance in understanding these new features, or implementing this latest release, our CA Services experts can help. For more information on CA Services and how you can leverage our expertise, please visit www.ca.com/services.   To connect, learn and share with other customers, join and participate in our CA Privileged Identity Manager CA Community at https://communities.ca.com/.

To review CA Support lifecycle policies, please review the CA Support Policy and Terms located at:

https://support.ca.com/

• 2.  Re: General Availability Announcement of CA Privileged Identity Manager v12.9!

Posted Apr 30, 2015 07:25 PM

Nice news , i was waiting , but i must admit to be disappointed  to find the the ENTM is only on linux !! And no new version on the endpoints.

but sure i will test it soon

• 3.  Re: General Availability Announcement of CA Privileged Identity Manager v12.9!

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 30, 2015 08:45 PM

Hi wael_abdelwahab - Thanks for your reply.  The focus of PIM 12.9 was to provide key capabilities on the server side.  Windows support for the ENTM is coming soon!  Is there something in particular you are waiting for on the endpoints?

Mike

• 4.  Re: General Availability Announcement of CA Privileged Identity Manager v12.9!

Posted May 02, 2015 03:18 AM

Hi Mike

i glade that the enchancement in 12.9 server had finally go GA after lot of delays, as couple customers were waiting , yet i have to test them first before go to the customers  with them ☺ .

even i will wait for the windows version before doing upgrade because i guess it's  more risy to do the cross platform  migration , anyway , i didn't  have in mind any particular  feature in the endpoint to see in 12.9 but i thought i would see the 12.8 sp1 for windows endpoint come with it     .

thanks for replying

Wael