Symantec Privileged Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  PAM integration with others CA products

Posted Jun 08, 2019 06:07 PM
    Edited by Darcio Takara Jun 08, 2019 11:21 PM
    Hi all,

I have a customer question:

How could we integrate PAM with  L7 API Gateway, L7 Identity Suite and CA Workload Automation for password rotation?

For example, for API Gateway the credentials used to connect to some backend services or API services, like databases credentials, MQ, including the "manage store password" in the gateway.

Do we have an integration case in the field with these products?

Thanks,
    Darcio

------------------------------
    Senior Consultant
    SEC4YOU Cybersecurity
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: PAM integration with others CA products
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 14, 2019 02:01 PM
    ​Darcio

The question may be a little too vague for me to give a detailed  answer. I assume API management can use the CA PAM APIs to get or rotate passwords  as well as  using a target credential connector to manager local OS or Database credentials used by APIM. Identity manager has a built-in connector for CA PAM to automate giving user access to privilege credentials. As for Workload automation.... I am not sure what use cases would be viable but it would depend on the technologies used as to how they too could integrate. I do not know of any official integration points other than with identity manager but I would assume CA Services have configured several. I think you need to start with a use case of what you need to do and we could help you decide how to do it.

Joe Lutz