CA Client Automation

View Only
  • 1.  (Auto-) upgrade of agent with AM plugin only ?

Posted Sep 08, 2020 07:14 AM
    Is there a way to use the agent auto upgrade infrastructure of a scalability server (with AM+SD) for agents (on windows server OS) where only the AM plugin is installed ?
    Otherwise any other possibilities without the use of the infrastructure deployment wizard ?
    Regards
    Claus

• 2.  RE: (Auto-) upgrade of agent with AM plugin only ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 10, 2020 10:35 AM

Hi Claus,

The Agent auto upgrade function relies on Software Delivery to work.

You could run the Agent upgrade from a CMD file called from an Asset Management job.

Rgds,

Steve.

• 3.  RE: (Auto-) upgrade of agent with AM plugin only ?

Posted Sep 14, 2020 11:47 AM
    I called deploywrapper.exe (/DPINST CopiedAgent ALLUSERS=1 ENSURE_CAF_STOPPED=0 CAF_COMMON_CONFIG=1 CAF_INSTALL_SERVICE=0 CAF_START_SERVICE=0) from a asset management batch job. The job did update the agent (dsmver showed the new version), but the am agent did not finish. Instead it executed all AM tasks including the batch job over and over again. I tried other options as well (/INST, /OSIM), but nothing helped ...
    An other special option I have to use ?

• 4.  RE: (Auto-) upgrade of agent with AM plugin only ?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 15, 2020 04:32 AM

Hi Claus,

You will need to start the install in a separate command shell with no wait so that the AM job finishes. In the separate CMD shell put a wait for 3 minuets before running the deploywrapper to ensue that the AM Agent inventory has finished.

Rgds,

Steve