CA Client Automation

View Only
  • 1.  RC status "listening" but pc is switch off

Posted Aug 09, 2019 10:30 AM
    i have successfully installed CA ITCM r14 and also deployed DSM agents to that host machine. while i am going to check the DSM agents status under the "computer and users" tab RC status showing "listening" even if the pc i switched off. can anyone help me to fix that problem?
    the host: win10 enterprise, in a network domain
    thanks

• 2.  RE: RC status "listening" but pc is switch off

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 10, 2019 11:21 AM

The Agent status reflects the last message received from the Agent. So if the computer is hard powered off the Agent never gets chance to send a good bye message. Turn the Agent system on, do a tide shutdown and the status will be updated.

• 3.  RE: RC status "listening" but pc is switch off

Posted Aug 11, 2019 02:19 AM

Hello Steve.

Is there any possibility to set something as „pooling"? My idea is, if DSM detects that the computer is power off, change the state of RC to Not Listening.

Petr

Tento email a jeho případné přílohy jsou určeny výhradně konkrétnímu adresátovi a mohou obsahovat důvěrné informace. Nejste-li zamýšleným adresátem tohoto emailu nebo jeho příloh či jejich obsahu, obratem nás prosím kontaktujte a email a případné přílohy trvale odstraňte. Současně vezměte na vědomí, že šíření, sdělování obsahu či kopírování obsahu emailu či příloh je přísně zakázáno. This Email and its attachments are intended only for use by the intended addressee named inside and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this email or attachments please contact us immediately, and permanently delete the email and attachments and note that dissemination, disclosure or copying of this email and attachments is strictly prohibited.

Zásady komunikace, které společnost T-Mobile Czech Republic a.s. užívá při sjednávání smluv, jsou uvedeny zde . Není-li v zásadách uvedeno jinak, nepředstavuje tato zpráva konečný návrh na uzavření či změnu smlouvy ani přijetí takového návrhu. The communication principles which T-Mobile Czech Republic a.s. applies when negotiating contracts are defined here . Unless otherwise stated in the principles, this message does not constitute the final offer to contract or an amendment of a contract or acceptance of such offer.

• 4.  RE: RC status "listening" but pc is switch off

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 12, 2019 07:25 AM

Hi Petr,

We have never had a "heartbeat" between the Agent and Manager. I am not saying it's a bad idea, but it would require code changes to implement.

Rgds,

Steve.

• 5.  RE: RC status "listening" but pc is switch off

Posted Aug 11, 2019 05:34 AM
    thank yuo for reply.
    why RC works correctly on windows 7 showing the status as "stopped" when pc is powered off?

• 6.  RE: RC status "listening" but pc is switch off
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 12, 2019 06:30 AM

It depends on how the system is powered off. If the power button is pressed, then the OS is notified to shutdown or hibernate. The OS will notify the Agent and it sends a good-bye message.  If the power button is pressed and held down for 5 seconds then the OS is not notified and the Agent does not send the good-bye message.