CA Client Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Waiting for delivery confirmation...

Anon Anon

Anon AnonMar 22, 2012 12:33 PM

• 1.  Waiting for delivery confirmation...

Posted Mar 01, 2012 03:34 AM
    Hi there,

I have a problem with the Infrastructure Deployment.
    When I start a deployment of the SD-Agent on a target PC, after the installation of the dmprimer the package is sent to the target pc.
    After the package is sent with the status "100% Sent" the state is changing in "Waiting for delivery confirmation".
    A long time later, after no changes the delivery stops with an error!
    Don't know why the dm doesn't get a delivery confirmation of the target pc???

I hope you can help me...

regards,
    Torsten

• 2.  RE: Waiting for delivery confirmation...

Posted Mar 05, 2012 05:59 PM
    We need more info. Can you check the event logs on the client to see if the primer installed correctly? If it did, check the logs to see if the agent installed correctly and also post the parameters you are using in the dpeloyment wizard.

• 3.  RE: Waiting for delivery confirmation...

Posted Mar 21, 2012 09:24 AM
    Problem is solved!
    A CA Technician gave me the solution...
    Problem was a wrong entry in the cam.cfg!

Regards,
    Torsten

• 4.  RE: Waiting for delivery confirmation...

Posted Mar 22, 2012 11:44 AM
    Please post the solution so others can use it if they encounter the same issue, :wacko:

• 5.  RE: Waiting for delivery confirmation...

Posted Mar 22, 2012 12:33 PM
    TMUSER;

Where is the cam.cfg file located?

• 6.  RE: Waiting for delivery confirmation...

Posted Mar 22, 2012 12:34 PM
    I don't think it exists by default unless you chnage a value in it form the command line

• 7.  RE: Waiting for delivery confirmation...

Posted Mar 22, 2012 04:20 PM
    You can generate a cam.cfg file by issuing the command

camsave persist

on the computer where the agent is running. The file will be saved where your agent is installed, CA\SC\CAM folder (on Windows that is, shouldn't be that much different elsewhere :smile). Once generated, you can tweak it if need be. Need to restart the CAM service after modifying the file, in order for the changes to take effect.

• 8.  RE: Waiting for delivery confirmation...

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 19, 2012 07:46 PM
    Which part of the entry in the cam.cfg is wrong?

• 9.  RE: Waiting for delivery confirmation...

Posted Jun 20, 2012 09:16 AM
    In my case it was the upd port...
    The upd port was 0, then changed to 4104 (standard).
    After this change I restarted cam and problem solved!

• 10.  RE: Waiting for delivery confirmation...

Posted Jun 26, 2012 08:46 AM
    I strongly recommend not making changes to this file outside of guidance from CA support.

• 11.  RE: Waiting for delivery confirmation...

Posted Jun 26, 2012 08:46 AM
    I strongly recommend not making changes to this file outside of guidance from CA support.

• 12.  RE: Waiting for delivery confirmation...

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 09, 2012 11:26 AM
    This change in particular will always break Infrastructure deployment in r12.5

as you turned off UDP we have to use TCP and that in 12.5 goes via the SSA multiplexer.

The primer only installs CAM and not SSA so the CAM packet back to the deployment manager was on incorrect port.

You have to reconfigure the SSA to allow legacy connections if you requir TCP for deployment.

regards
    Rich

• 13.  RE: Waiting for delivery confirmation...

Posted Jul 09, 2012 11:47 AM
    You have to reconfigure the SSA to allow legacy connections if you requir TCP for deployment.
    the command I believe is csamconfigedit port=4105 delete

However, I also strongly discourage this, even in enviroments that require TCP only. This was a nightmare, but this was even more of a nightmare dealing with tcp only agents upgrading from 11.x to 12.5. The reason I say this is because they require the legacy method to talk to SS, DM and etc. Also note that everytime you upgrade, modify, or repair the 12.5 agent, the csampmux goes back to default settings essentially turning this back on... I have yet to figure out the gobalconfig that it spoke of and where it actually saves this data. I bet Rich will be able to shed some light on this.

Once you do it on a DM, you will want it on the SS, and then you are going to want it on all Agents. Very hard to manage and control properly. I would strongly encourage leaving the default setting with everything running UDP. If you look at the port configuration with 4104 (udp) (csamconfigedit port=4104 display) you will notice that this is basically doing a legacy mode already, which is why cam has no problem with it :)

I also think when you mess around with this type of setting, you may run in to boot Server issues. I have seen this in a few different enviroments.

You may even run into issues with TCP only when the path portion of the cam.cfg is setup properly.

• 14.  RE: Waiting for delivery confirmation...

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 09, 2012 11:58 AM
    There is a better way than simply deleteing the port.

Support can supply a batch file that recongiures SSA to listen on the legacy port as well as the SSA port.
    It is also strongly recommended to upgrade SSA to 2.2.7 if you are going TCP as this will avoid many issues.

But I agree along with everyone else unless you have a specifc reason to go TCP then stay with UDP.

regards
    Rich

• 15.  RE: Waiting for delivery confirmation...

Posted Jul 09, 2012 12:09 PM
    Good to know about the script. It was always easy to delete the port, which ultimately just put it 100% in legacy.

I think there is actually only 2 fields in the config that need to be changed, but it has been a while.. There are some good diagrams out there on how udp works within the ITCM product, this put one of my customers at ease about udp and we were able to make the flip on 75,000 agents from tcp only back to default cam.cfg.

As far as TCP, There has been a few different tech articles giving a few different methods on how to acomplish this. If you use 12.5 SP1 the RO for the 2.2.7 is already included.
    If anyone needs to know the version of thier csampmux you can go to %CSAM_SOCKADAPTER% and check the version.txt file.

Thanks again Richard for all the info.

• 16.  RE: Waiting for delivery confirmation...

Posted Jan 22, 2014 01:32 PM

Hi TMuser,

I have the same Problem with the Infrastructure Deployment.

After the package is sent with the status "100% Sent" the state is changing in "Waiting for delivery confirmation".

ayuda por favor... I would like to know exactly what you did.

• 17.  Re: Waiting for delivery confirmation...

Posted Jul 15, 2014 06:05 AM

hi

I have the same issue while trying to deploy scalability server or staging any package, although it's clean installation of ITCM 12.8 , and not answer from ca support

"waiting for delivery confirmation"  status 100% sent,  I checked the cam.cfg, it's not there only camclient.cfg which doesn't mention any port

I appreciate any help in that

• 18.  Re: Waiting for delivery confirmation...

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 28, 2014 02:36 AM

If the DM and the SS are at 12.8 (or 12.5 or higher) then the above information is not valid.

Typically, the delay happens if the package registration information has not been processed. Does recycling CAF help?

We will have to take a closer look at the logs to identify the problem.

• 19.  Re: Waiting for delivery confirmation...

Posted Oct 22, 2014 12:40 PM

I'm using version r12.8, and I am with this problem - Waiting for delivery confirmation ...

can help me?

It does not happen on all machines, only in some