CA Client Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Issues installing CA ITCM SP2

Posted Aug 21, 2018 04:12 PM
      |   view attached

Hello dear community, I'm having some issues installing CA ITCM SP2, when I try to install this error appear,

I'm try installing with the same account of the database, in this case is ca_itrm, and the error still appearing.

Somebody know how to fix this error?

PLEASE HELP!!!

• 2.  Re: Issues installing CA ITCM SP2

Posted Aug 21, 2018 04:16 PM

The installer requires "Windows Authentication" of the logged on user, to the local or remote SQL database.  The installer does not use the ca_itrm account or any "SQL Authentication" to install the product.  Simply put, the logged-on user MUST support Windows Authentication, and MUST BE a SYSADMIN on the SQL server.

If this is the first-time install, the installer will use your Windows Authentication to logon to the database server, and it will create the "mdb" database, as well as create the "ca_itrm" SQL account.

• 3.  Re: Issues installing CA ITCM SP2
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 21, 2018 04:26 PM

Adding to my reply, Microsoft SQL supports TWO authentication types:

1- Windows Authentication (also known as "Trusted" or "Integrated")

These are simply local user or domain user accounts-- e.g. domain\user.  This is essentially SQL server integrating with Windows, to authorize/authenticate users based on local or Windows AD domain accounts, for access control into SQL.

2- SQL Authentication

These are database accounts, in my own words, internal to the SQL server itself.  The ITCM installer will create an account called ca_itrm, which will later be used by various CAF plugins, for access to the database.

Reference:

Authentication in SQL Server | Microsoft Docs 

The ITCM installer requires the currently logged-on user to have admin access (sysadmin access), via there Windows Authentication to the SQL server.

After the product is setup, it will run on its own using ca_itrm and SQL authentication.  The ca_itrm account is a "public" account with no admin privileges to the SQL server.

The Windows authentication is only required for the setup of the product.

-Brian

• 4.  Re: Issues installing CA ITCM SP2

Posted Aug 21, 2018 05:58 PM

EXCELLENT BRIAN, it works!!! THANKS!!!