CA Client Automation

View Only

Latest WinOffline -- 14 December 2017

• 1.  Latest WinOffline -- 14 December 2017

Posted Dec 14, 2017 02:56 PM
      |   view attached

Hello World,

Latest WinOffline version is now -- 2017.12.14

Some fast/critical bug fixes to the ITCM Removal Tool, as a part of WinOffline:

Fix #1:

When cleaning the PATH environment variable, the variable type was unexpectedly getting changed from REG_EXPAND_SZ to REG_SZ.  This is now corrected.

Fix #2:

The PATH cleanup will only remove invalid entries that are CA related.  Previously it was open season and I decided to scale it back to invalid CA related entries only.  And yes, the root CA folder path is dynamically read from the registry, and that's how I determine if a PATH variable entry is related to CA or not.

Fix #3:

Expanded cleanup of stray log files in the %windir%\temp folder, when the ITCM removal tool is used.

Fix #4:

Fixed an initialization error, when running "WinOffline -removeitcm" (or -uninstallitcm) multiple times in a row.  You can now run the cleanup multiple times, even though just a single run is sufficient

Thanks for some members of the community for pointing these out.  Please continue to send me your feedback and I strive to make WinOffline a useful and integral tool.

-Brian

Attachment(s)

zip
    WinOffline-2017.12.14.zip   574 KB 1 version