CA Client Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Hello Community, I have a question, I need to know where are the user information from Active Directory, like Name, E-Mail, ETC, I know where are the account names, but in ca_discovered_user the aren't that information. Someone can help me Please! Thanks!

• 1.  Hello Community, I have a question, I need to know where are the user information from Active Directory, like Name, E-Mail, ETC, I know where are the account names, but in ca_discovered_user the aren't that information. Someone can help me Please! Thanks!

Posted Jan 17, 2018 09:59 AM

There are someway to get that information? There is a Active Directory information table?

• 2.  Re: Hello Community, I have a question, I need to know where are the user information from Active Directory, like Name, E-Mail, ETC, I know where are the account names, but in ca_discovered_user the aren't that information. Someone can help me Please! Tha

Posted Jan 17, 2018 11:49 AM

ITCM doesn't actually extract any information from Active Directory.

Instead, the directory sync updates the ca_discovered_user.directory_url column in the database, with the location of where to find the user in the directory.  See the screenshot below.

The idea is, tools like DSM Reporter or DSM Queries can then pull the relevant data, on the fly, by connecting to the stored URL, in order to pull the requested information.  This eliminates ITCM from having to store and constantly sync with the directory.

-Brian

• 3.  Re: Hello Community, I have a question, I need to know where are the user information from Active Directory, like Name, E-Mail, ETC, I know where are the account names, but in ca_discovered_user the aren't that information. Someone can help me Please! Tha

Posted Jan 17, 2018 12:41 PM

Brian, thanks for your help, when I try to make that query in DSM Report the User Name, User Last Name, User Mail, it brings me every field empty, but the only fields with information is UserAccount, the label column in ca_discovered_user. So there is no way to Sync Active Directory information in CA Data Base? 

For example make something like this query:

SELECT UserEmail, UserFullName, UserADAccount

FROM ca_discovered_user (or some table with AD information)

Thanks Brian!

• 4.  Re: Hello Community, I have a question, I need to know where are the user information from Active Directory, like Name, E-Mail, ETC, I know where are the account names, but in ca_discovered_user the aren't that information. Someone can help me Please! Tha

Posted Jan 18, 2018 04:23 PM

DSM Reporter should use the ca_discovered_user.directory_url data, to make a connection to Active Directory, and pull those details on the fly, when executing a report...

• 5.  Re: Hello Community, I have a question, I need to know where are the user information from Active Directory, like Name, E-Mail, ETC, I know where are the account names, but in ca_discovered_user the aren't that information. Someone can help me Please! Tha

Posted Jan 18, 2018 04:57 PM

And just to confirm, there's no mechanism in ITCM that pulls/extracts this data from Active Directory, and stores in a database table.  Per the design of DSM Reporter, it will use the directory_url for each discovered user, and pull that info from AD on the fly.

There was an addon product called Asset Intelligence (AI), which had a very cumbersome AD extraction, pulling user data from AD on a daily basis and storing in a table.  However, AI is deprecated now, and its design was very limited when it came to running an AD extraction.

• 6.  Re: Hello Community, I have a question, I need to know where are the user information from Active Directory, like Name, E-Mail, ETC, I know where are the account names, but in ca_discovered_user the aren't that information. Someone can help me Please! Tha
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 19, 2018 01:27 PM

Thanks Brian! but it doesn't work, I couldn't do that synchronization but with PowerShell I can do it, there is my source, is very useful because you can manage AD information from DB.

https://community.spiceworks.com/how_to/86794-powershell-how-to-export-displayname-email-address-and-title-from-ad-to-csv-file

Thanks again Brian you are amazing!!