CA Client Automation

View Only
  • 1.  ITCA Scope

Posted Nov 16, 2016 11:27 AM
    Hi Everyone,  I am working with CA ITCA version 14, and our client needs to know if ITCA can discover and get the inventory Sending a resident agent to Routers, Switch, Firewall, etc;    Can you help me with information that states if ITCA can discover them?  This information is very important to us and I will be very grateful, since we are in the middle of an implementation in production and we need to know it as soon as possible.  Regards, Marco Velazquez.

• 2.  Re: ITCA Scope

Posted Nov 17, 2016 06:02 AM

Hi Marco, from the ITCA perspective, we don't have an agent that can be installed on networkdevices. The great Advantage of ITCA is, that you can add any Information you want from external data source. That is the way to get the inventory Information from that devices and store it in the MDB.
    That can be done by running a script that gather the SNMP Information, convert the data into xui or mif Format, so that the asset-collector can read it. That is the general way.
    And one way to archive this, is the usage of some utilities from the CCS part of the ITCA installation. If you have installed CCS, you will find the utilities under: x:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SC\CCS\WVEM\BIN. (SNMPGET.EXE, SNMPWALK.EXE, TNG_SNMP.DLL)
    Hope that will help a Little bit.
    Rgds Thomas

• 3.  Re: ITCA Scope

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 17, 2016 06:42 AM

Marco,

We do have a field developed utility that reads the list of CCS discovered devices and get additional data using the snmpget.exe and then creates XIU files that can be read by the Asset Collector to import the devices into Client Automation. It’s not a supported utility and often given by CA Services.

Rgds,

Steve.