CA Client Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Some computers are showing agent is already been deployed but not showing in DSM explorer

Posted Feb 04, 2016 03:13 AM

Hi,

I am trying to deploy DSM agent in Windows environment. Some computers are showing agent is already been deployed, but those systems are not showing or reporting in DSM console. Please suggest me a way to get those system in DSM explorer.

Thanks,

Paul

• 2.  Re: Some computers are showing agent is already been deployed but not showing in DSM explorer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 04, 2016 05:24 AM

It sounds like the Agent is configured to a different manager than the one you are looking at.

Assuming you are running version 12.9 you can use this command to see its setting “CAF SetServerAddress Host Name_OR_IP_OF Agent” Then to change it would be “CAF SetServerAddress Name_Of_your_DM Host Name_OR_IP_OF Agent”

• 3.  Re: Some computers are showing agent is already been deployed but not showing in DSM explorer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 05, 2016 07:03 AM

Hi

Did Steve's reply answer your query?

Thanks

Rich

• 4.  Re: Some computers are showing agent is already been deployed but not showing in DSM explorer

Posted Feb 05, 2016 09:02 AM

No, I found no agent is installed in that particular system. But its showing deployed when I am trying to deploy an DSM agent.

• 5.  Re: Some computers are showing agent is already been deployed but not showing in DSM explorer

Posted Feb 08, 2016 09:17 AM

Hi

I would check to see if agents are present on the agent machines by checking

caf status

dsmver --> make sure all the same version

is cam installed ? run camstat to verify and if so can you camping the Scalability server by IP address, hostname and FQDN ?

Can the Scalability server camping the agent ?

on the agent machine if installed run these commands and see if that helps populate the host object into the DSM Explorer

caf setserveraddress <Scalability server hostname>

caf register all

caf start amagent -args /rescan_inventory /rescan_software /collect    <if you are using asset agents>

Then check on the agent side for the DSM\logs\TRC_CF_REGISTER_0.log  and make sure you see a good registration take place.

Please also make sure you are not seeing reverse proxy messages in the Domain Managers and Scalability servers cam log located in the %CAI_MSQ%\logs

\DG*

if you see many reverse proxy messages and you don't have a cam.cfg file present then follow technical document # TEC539203 .

http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec539203.aspx

NOTE: dont add disable_porxies=yes if you have entries in the #ROUTING section as that setting will be ignored.

Hope this is helpful and let us know what happens so we can assist you further.

Thanks

Joe

• 6.  Re: Some computers are showing agent is already been deployed but not showing in DSM explorer

Posted Feb 10, 2016 10:05 AM

HI

I was wondering if my last post assisted you in narrowing down why the agents that were installed are not registering and populating the DSM Explorer screen ?

In addition to what I mentioned since you stated no agent is present try sending the job again and when you get to the deploy package wizard make sure to select the checkbox next to "Open advanced job setting dialog when the finish button is pressed"  This will open the setup jobs screen and go to the jobs tab

check the option "Remove existing installation records and rerun selected procedure ". Please let us know if that works or not.

You may be having an issue deploying dmprimer which installs cam and if you see any primer transport errors please review technical document # TEC618470 .

Common reasons and solutions for getting "No Primer transport" while deploying the Agent or the Scalability Server

Thanks and let us know how you are progressing so we can assist you.

Joe

• 7.  Re: Some computers are showing agent is already been deployed but not showing in DSM explorer

Posted Feb 17, 2016 09:23 AM

Hello Shuvankar

I was wondering if you were able to resolve the issue with the deployment of agents ? Were our suggestions helpful or did you find another solution?

If so I would appreciate if you can let us know what fixed it for the benefit of the entire Client Automation Community.

Thanks and please respond so we don't have to close the thread for lack of activity

Regards

Joe

• 8.  Re: Some computers are showing agent is already been deployed but not showing in DSM explorer

Posted Feb 19, 2016 01:06 PM

HI

If you have further issues please opened a support ticket.

Thanks

Joe