CA Client Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Question about osimconf.ini file stored by OSIM when SD agent is installed?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 16, 2016 11:06 AM

Hi communitie,

I'm working with a client to create a master image to Windows 8.1 using the OSIM ImageX64WIN8 type. Everything works fine, but I have some questions regarding the file osimconf.ini left in C: \ with OSIM.

1 - Does this file is necessary in that path?
    2 - Can you remove this file?
    3 - On the other hand I have seen that this file contains the variable $BMSConfigId$. What is this value?

Thanks in advance,

Rafa

• 2.  Re: Question about osimconf.ini file stored by OSIM when SD agent is installed?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 17, 2016 03:33 PM

Answer to question three can be found

Usage of SignalCompletion mechanism within OSIM (without PXE)

Sorry I found after send the question.

Regards,

Rafa

• 3.  Re: Question about osimconf.ini file stored by OSIM when SD agent is installed?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 23, 2016 10:53 AM

Hi Rafa

You can remove this file after the OSIM build has completed and status has changed to current.

the $BMSConfigId$ is the identifier of the specific OSIM configuration.

once the PC is built the agent reads osimconf.ini and reports the ID as part of the standard CSM hello message.

The server processes the csm hello and cross references the configID with the hostUUID of the new agent in the mdb and sets the install status to current.

regards

Rich

• 4.  Re: Question about osimconf.ini file stored by OSIM when SD agent is installed?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 23, 2016 10:59 AM

Thanks Richard for your answer