CA Client Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Manual installation of DSM agent AM+RC+SD in windows

Posted Mar 07, 2016 08:19 AM

Hi,

I want to deploy CA DSM Agent + AM, RC, SD plugin(s) 12.9.0.338 Windows_x86 ENU manually. We have windows environment. If anyone has some documents please provide me which might be helpful.

• 2.  Re: Manual installation of DSM agent AM+RC+SD in windows

Posted Mar 07, 2016 08:51 AM

You could use the Deployment package kit and copy it to the machine, then execute the command to install it.

The kit is located (assuming a default installation) at $DSM_INSTALL\Packages\Public\CAUnicenterDSM\AgentAM+RC+SD\12.0\ENU\Windows_x86.

The installation is done by using the command:

DeployWrapper.exe /INST CopiedAgents /qn   /l*v $PATH_TO_LOG_FILE

executed from within the kit folder. Don't forget to assign the agent after the installation with the 'caf setserveraddress <SCALABILITY_SERVER>' command.

• 3.  Re: Manual installation of DSM agent AM+RC+SD in windows
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 07, 2016 08:56 AM

Hi

Command line installation of Client Automation is documented here.

however for this you need to install each plugin separately

you can also use the deploywrapper for this and you will find the following tech doc usefull TEC1371844

regards

Rich

• 4.  Re: Manual installation of DSM agent AM+RC+SD in windows

Posted Mar 08, 2016 02:54 AM

Thanks for your kind response.

I have tried to deploy agent automatically in a target system but its failed with "No primer transport" error. So I am trying to install agent manually. But, DMPrimer file is already exist on target machine. Should I remove that file and clean the registry before run the deploywrapper? If yes then please suggest me the way because this target system is not registered in server.

• 5.  Re: Manual installation of DSM agent AM+RC+SD in windows

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 08, 2016 03:47 AM

The no primer transport error is normally caused by the target not being able to resolve the name of the Domain Manager or Firewall(s) preventing communication.

You do not need to remove the primer before installing the Agent but could still end up with the same communication problem between it and the Manager.

• 6.  Re: Manual installation of DSM agent AM+RC+SD in windows

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 08, 2016 03:53 AM

I think you should look at resolving the no primer transport issue as this will simplify your install issues.

As the primer has been installed on the target this tells us that the deployment was able to connect to admin$ and copy the primer install files.

The next step is that the primer connects to the deployment server via cam. as this is failing even if you manually install the agent I suspect you will still have issues as it will not be able to communicate to the Scalability server if there is a cam issue.

can you camping from the PC to the SS?

• 7.  Re: Manual installation of DSM agent AM+RC+SD in windows

Posted Mar 08, 2016 06:22 AM

Scalability server and main ITCM server both are same for our environment.

Yes, I can camping from the target PC to server.

I found some error in target machine dmprimer log file. I don't know what does it mean.

03/02/16 14:00:50  |        724 |       5264 | ctrace.cpp                 | 848   | =======> Trace level = 5 <=======
    03/02/16 14:00:50  |        724 |       5264 | cdmprimer.cpp              | 8805  | Unable to load CbbCore.dll!
    03/02/16 14:00:50  |        724 |       5264 | cdmprimer.cpp              | 8850  | FIPS mode in dmprimer.cfg file: 1
    03/02/16 14:00:50  |        724 |       5264 | cdmprimer.cpp              | 539   | Final FIPS mode : 1
    03/02/16 14:00:50  |        724 |       5264 | cdmcrypt.cpp               | 323   | Install Path C:\Program Files\CA\DSM\DMPrimer\

• 8.  Re: Manual installation of DSM agent AM+RC+SD in windows

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 14, 2016 07:37 AM

Can you please log this as a support case so we can investigate it further.

regards

Rich