CA Client Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Computer Identification: Everything you need to know about the HostUUID and computer uniqueness in Client Automation.

• 1.  Computer Identification: Everything you need to know about the HostUUID and computer uniqueness in Client Automation.

Posted Sep 12, 2016 10:52 AM

Hello Everyone,

Recently I've encountered a few environments having trouble with HostUUID duplication, and remediation of computers having this issue within the environment.  I've pulled together all the essential information you need to know about the HostUUID, and provide steps how you can use a Client Automation software policy to target computers with a software job that register with a HostUUID that is known to be duplicate.

Check out the article:

TEC1019453

Regards,

Brian Fontana, CA Support

• 2.  Re: Computer Identification: Everything you need to know about the HostUUID and computer uniqueness in Client Automation.

Posted Sep 12, 2016 12:19 PM

This is great information.  Is there any way to query the amephis (asset history) table for assets registering with duplicate UUIDs?  or find assets that are changing hostnames?

• 3.  Re: Computer Identification: Everything you need to know about the HostUUID and computer uniqueness in Client Automation.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 12, 2016 12:44 PM

Create an event based policy.  Oob you will see some for memory changed.  Create one based on host name changed.  Create a group named host name changed.  Add an action to the host named changed that adds the machine to the group host name changed.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone