CA Client Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Vendor Credentials

Posted Jun 23, 2015 07:35 AM

All,

We have been using Patch Manager to download the Monthly MS Roll-ups from CA, but the security team wish to now start deploying Adobe Flash Player Updates, I set up the download but this originally failed, I believe I needed to add the Vendor Credentials.  I have requested and had approved the "Adobe Software Distribution Request" so I have a URL Link ("Auth Code" to the download site) I have added the URL and my Userid and Password into the Adobe Vendor Credentials but this still fails to download.

Please if anyone else has configured Adobe downloads via Patch Manager please can you advise on the configuration.

Regards

Colin Wink

• 2.  Re: Vendor Credentials

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 23, 2015 08:19 AM

Hello Colin,

You should not have to use vendor credentials to download Flash Player updates published by the Content Team as they contain publicly accessible urls.

If there is a certain patch that is failing to package, then please let me know.

Regards,

Mansur

• 3.  Re: Vendor Credentials

Posted Jun 23, 2015 09:26 AM

Farma07

Thanks for the reply, I am sure it is the "Flash Player Plugin and Flash Player Active X" Patches, I will check the UPM Log and get the full details and add them to my next reply...

Regards

Colin

• 4.  Re: Vendor Credentials

Posted Jun 24, 2015 04:43 AM

Hi

I have removed the Vendor Credentials and retried the download but it still fails when downloading the exe file, the vbs file seems to download OK...

I have added the log files, if you could check and let me know what you think is causing the issue...  If you cannot see what the issue is I will raise a support case for investigation.

Regards

Colin

• 5.  Re: Vendor Credentials

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 24, 2015 09:04 AM

Hello Colin,

The reason for the failure to package could have been because Adobe released new updates for Flash Player which replaced the download links for version 18.0.0.160.

We published the following new updates today:

Adobe Flash Player 18.0.0.194 Plugin
    Adobe Flash Player 18.0.0.194 ActiveX

Adobe Flash Player 13.0.0.296 ActiveX
    Adobe Flash Player 13.0.0.296 Plugin

The following updates have also been updated to point to active download links(archive zip) to successfully package:

Adobe Flash Player 13.0.0.292 Plugin

Adobe Flash Player 13.0.0.292 ActiveX

Adobe Flash Player 18.0.0.160 ActiveX

Adobe Flash Player 18.0.0.160 Plugin

You can wait for the next content download cycle to finish and then attempt to accept the patches.

Regards,

Mansur

• 6.  Re: Vendor Credentials

Posted Jun 25, 2015 04:08 AM

Hi, Farma07

Yes I have tried downloading the following

Adobe Flash Player 18.0.0.194 Plugin

Adobe Flash Player 18.0.0.194 ActiveX

but have the same issue,  I will log an open call with CA Support.

Thanks for your assistance with this.

Regards

Colin

• 7.  Re: Vendor Credentials

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 07, 2015 11:33 AM

Hi Colin

did you get a resolution to this?

Rich

• 8.  Re: Vendor Credentials
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 08, 2015 05:07 AM

Richard

Yes and No...

Yes the issues is when the UPM attempts to download via the HTTPS it failed with Peer Not Authenticated... No your second line support advised it is an issue with Windows or access to internet via the router settings...

I have had a look online and found that this error could occur due to certificates within apache httpclient 4.x...

Will close this as this is not to do with Vendor Credentials but more or a technical issue, if I still have problems I will raise a new incident about Apache.

Regards

Colin