CA Client Automation

View Only
  • 1.  What components from the Windows ADK need to be installed?

Posted Feb 04, 2016 05:29 PM

Hello,

I installed the Windows 10 ADK and no matter what path I use from the Windows Kits folder (including ".\Windows Kits") I get an error code 39 (OSG001106) in the Image Prepare System Wizard for both Create Boot Image and  Create OS Image.

The details say Invalid Windows ADK directory.

Three questions:

There are a lot of different components that can be installed in the Windows ADK for Windows 10.

1) Do I need to install ALL of them or jsut specific ones that the Image Prepare System uses?

2) Does the Windows ADK for Windows 10 support Windows 7/8/8.1 or do I need to install the older ADK versions as well?

3) What path of the Windows ADK do I populate in the Windows ADK Installation Folder during the image creation?

Thank you,

• 2.  Re: What components from the Windows ADK need to be installed?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 05, 2016 04:57 AM

Hi Jeff,

I normally select these two:

FYI, we have not officially certified AIK 10 yet, but I use it in my test lab.

Rgds,

Steve.

• 3.  Re: What components from the Windows ADK need to be installed?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 05, 2016 06:30 AM

Hi Jeff

As Steve mentioned officially we have only certified the use of ADK 8.0 (WinPE4.0) with windows 10 deployments

this is what we QA'd

regards

Rich

• 4.  Re: What components from the Windows ADK need to be installed?

Posted Feb 05, 2016 09:13 AM

Thank you Rich and Steve.

• 5.  Re: What components from the Windows ADK need to be installed?

Posted Aug 13, 2018 01:53 PM

I could help with the step by step for OSIM windows 10 Education Buil Number 15063 I have CA it Client Manager 12.9.0.338 and I have installed the patch RO85487