CA Client Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Standalone installer for CA ITCA 12.8 Agent

Posted Jan 09, 2015 06:53 AM

Hi All,

Is there any location to download standalone installer for CA IT Client Automation 12.8.

I am testing on deploywrapper.exe for Agent health check but If there will be standalone exe, it will too easy for me.

Regards,

Mohd Wasique

• 2.  Re: Standalone installer for CA ITCA 12.8 Agent

Posted Jan 12, 2015 04:10 PM

Hi Mohd,

Have you tried to search it into the ftp of CA? ftp://ftp.ca.com/pub

Regards

• 3.  Re: Standalone installer for CA ITCA 12.8 Agent

Posted Jan 13, 2015 04:24 AM

Hi Oscar,

I tries to search at below location but didn't found any thing related to Standalone installer.

ftp://ftp.ca.com/ pub/ ca_itam/

Regards,

Mohd Wasique

• 4.  Re: Standalone installer for CA ITCA 12.8 Agent

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 13, 2015 06:22 AM

Hi

I assume you are looking for single package to install the agent? I am afraid there is no single package of this type. You must either use the individual MSI packages or use the deploywrapper.

I have just authored the tec doc below which will be published shortly

The Client Automation Deploy wrapper (deploywrapper.exe) allows the installation of multiple caf plugins and the required pre-requisites from a single package and command.

This document intends to describe the various parameters and syntax and describe a usage scenario that will allow the agent to be installed via command line without the need to install the third party pre-requisites manually

The Deploywrapper.exe command line has the following format

1. Deploywrapper.exe {/DSM_COMPONENTS=} [action] {object} [msi properties] [msi parameters]

/DSM_COMPONENTS=

NOTE: This is only valid from version 12.9

Allows the selection of the plugins to be installed when the package contains all plugins.

Expected values

• SD
    • RC
    • AM
    • combination of above separated by “,” (comma)

If undefined then will install all components in package

[action]

One of the following actions can be selected

• /INST
    • /UNINST
    • /DPINST
    • /OSIM
    • /SCAP
    • /SCAPUNINST

/INST

Used for Software delivery installs.Runs 3 phases of the install to allow the agent to be shutdown and upgraded without the job going to error.Information is stored in win.ini to enable the phase to be determined. If no state is found or it is zero this must be the first phase, and it just has to write a new state of 1 to win.ini and spawn a new deploy wrapper.To ensure that a state 1 run is for the same job as the previous state 0 run the command line is also written to win.ini during phase 0 and checked during phase 1 and 2. If they don't match the saved state is logged and discarded and the current run is considered a phase 0 of a new job. State 1 is where the actual install is done, at the end it will set the job state to 2 and restart caf/sd. This will trigger the sd agent to run the original job again, but by now the state is saved as 2 so the sd job just collects the output from the state 1 run and the result of the state 1 run and returns it as its own output and result.

/UNINST

Used for Software Delivery uninstalls.Provides a list of MSI GUID’s to be uninstalled

/DPINST

Used for Infrastructure Deployment.Performs actions required when install is initiated by the dmprimer, including setting up the EXITFILE path.

/OSIM

Used by OSIM to install the agent.Is basically a cut down version of /INST. Just performs the install with no phases.

/SCAP

Used to install the SCAP Scanner

/SCAPUNINST

Used to uninstall the SCAP Scanner

{object}

The actions /INST and /DPINST require one of the following objects be defined

• CopiedAgents
    • Server
    • ENC
    • DMSMIGRATION
    • AllAgents (Now Obsolete)

CopiedAgents

Install the agent components found in the package

Server

Install server components

ENC

Install ENC

DMSMIGRATION

The install is a migration from DMS

[msi properties]

Define package specific msi properites as per the implementation guide. If multiple plugins are to be installed the following needs to be taken into account. Due to the combined MSI package nature of this deployment package, MSI feature list properties such as ADDLOCAL must not be specified. Otherwise, the deployment of the package will fail. If specific features for a package need to be listed, the recommendation is to use individual agent plugin deployment packages instead.

[msi parameters]

Define generic msi parameters such as “/qn” and “/l*v” as documented in the implementation guide.

Examples

Scenario 1 - Create an agent package that contains all plugins and then selectively install the required plugins.

NOTE: This is only valid from version 12.9

1. Use DSMPUSH to create the required deployment package on the DM (See command line reference guide)
    2. Locate the package folder on the DM in the folder
      C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\DSM\Packages\Public\CAUnicenterDSM
      e.g....\DSM\Packages\Public\CAUnicenterDSM\AgentAM+RC+SD\12.0\ENU\Windows_x86
    3. Copy the windows_x86 folder to network share
    4. Install the agent selecting the required plugin eg sd and amMap to the shareRun the command .\deploywrapper.exe /DSM_COMPONENTS=sd,am agent_server=<scalalbility_server> allusers=1 /qn /l*v

Scenario 2 – Create an agent package that contains the specific plugins required and install it

1. Use DSMPUSH to create the required deployment package on the DM (See command line reference guide)
    2. Locate the package folder on the DM in the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\DSM\Packages\Public\CAUnicenterDSM e.g. ….\DSM\Packages\Public\CAUnicenterDSM\AgentSD\12.0\ENU\Windows_x86
    3. Copy the windows_x86 folder to network share
    4. Install the agent.Map to the shareRun the command .\deploywrapper.exe /OSIM agent_server=<scalalbility_server> allusers=1 /qn /l*v

The /OSIM action is selected as this runs a simple installation and does not require the additional object definitions or phases

• 5.  Re: Standalone installer for CA ITCA 12.8 Agent

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 15, 2015 05:22 AM

this is now published as TEC1371844

Rich

• 6.  Re: Standalone installer for CA ITCA 12.8 Agent

Posted Jan 15, 2015 12:38 PM

Great article Richard !!!

I've been working on creating a self-extracting zip/exe for the full agent.   Working well and has options to provide command line SS.

I'm a little confused on differences between /INST & /OSIM switches.   Suggestions which would be better for this scenario?

Basically I'm just looking to install the agent from self extracting exe and then after agent installed run sd_acmd.exe command to add the SD install record from the agent.

Sorry to hijack the thread.

Thanks,

• 7.  Re: Standalone installer for CA ITCA 12.8 Agent

Posted Jan 15, 2015 01:04 PM

Hi dude,

I have a .bat that, installs the agent, with it components (SD,AM,RC). And let you write the SS information.

Also, contains the DSM folder from the ITCM server, that, you need if you want to install an agent manually.

Tell me if it it would be helpful for you.

Regards.