CA Client Automation

View Only
  • 1.  BW Throttling in CCS

Posted Aug 19, 2014 03:59 AM

Hi,

We have ES and DM 12.8 in our environment connecting to different remote mdb instances
    on same mdb box. We have installed CCS on ES. Now we want to use bandwidth
    throttling feature of CCS. For this, we had raised a case and got suggestion (Refer Case - 21813082) that to achieve
    the required DTS controls on your DM you need to configure the DTS TOS on
    your DM to the DTS NOS of the EM. Could you please guide us where to configure this setting ?

Also suggested us to install event agent on DM and point to ES event
    console to get all events. We have installed agents like that but not getting
    any events. Need correct configuration guidance. Please help.

I have opened a case to get help to configure this : 21888289-1: DTS TOS - DM & DTS NOS - ES , we need to use BW throttling feature of CCS which only installed on Enterprise Manager.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Nikhil Kalwint

• 2.  Re: BW Throttling in CCS

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 19, 2014 04:49 AM

Hi Nikhil

Please find the Technical dowcument

Title:  Configuring Bandwidth Throttling in DSM

The following parameters are the ones involved in the bandwidth usage:

max_parcel_size
    throttle_factor

Unicenter Desktop and Server Management has a policy where the values for the involved parameters (max_parcel_size and throttle_factor) can be customized in order to control the used bandwidth. The policy PATH is:

DSM Explorer > Server-Domain > Control Panel > Configuration > Configuration Policy > Default Computer Policy > DSM > Software Delivery > File Transfer

and the values to change are:

Default Parcel Size:
    Specifies the amount of raw data a DTS initiator agent reads before it applies any parcel filters and before it sends the data across the network to the responder agent. The unit value is in bytes. If set to 0, a default value of 512K is used.

Limits: 0 2147483647

Default: 0

Default Throttle Factor:
    Specifies a delay interval between DTS parcel sends. A throttle value of 20 represents a one-second delay interval.

Limits: 0 100

Note: This feature is available when CA Common Services (CCS) is installed.

Regards,

Piyush

• 3.  Re: BW Throttling in CCS

Posted Aug 19, 2014 05:21 AM

We have ES and DM 12.8 in our environment connecting to different remote mdb instances
    throttling feature of CCS. We need to configure DTS TOS on DM to the DTS NOS of the EM. Could you please guide us where to configure this setting ?

I have created a configuration policy to do this and applied on DM. But still in EM CCS 2D map, i am not able to see all IP segments to do BW throttling setting.

Thanks

Nikhil

• 4.  Re: BW Throttling in CCS

Posted Aug 19, 2014 06:33 AM

throttling feature of CCS. We need to configure DTS TOS on DM to the DTS NOS of the EM. Could you please guide us where to configure this setting ?

I have created a configuration policy to do this and applied on DM. But still in EM CCS 2D map, i am not able to see all IP segments to do BW throttling setting.

Thanks

Nikhil

• 5.  Re: BW Throttling in CCS

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 19, 2014 09:04 AM

You need to either perform a CCS discovery for the subnets you need followed by a DTS discovery, or make sure the NOS and TOS configurations are set to auto create WV objects and restart DTS on the SS or stage a package.

• 6.  Re: BW Throttling in CCS

Posted Aug 19, 2014 10:00 AM

I have configured TOS and NOS to create objects automatically. But still I am not able to see IP segments in CCS 2D map. Please help.

Do we have any tch doc in reference with?

Thanks

Nikhil

• 7.  Re: BW Throttling in CCS

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 19, 2014 10:14 AM

The objects are only created on notification of DTS Agent start. Try restarting DTS on one of the SS and see if it gets created in WV. Also restarting DTS on the DM should cause its objects to be created in the WV.